Cured.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
oh my - so sorry to hear that - any prospect of improvement and do they know what caused the deficiency?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I have found that I cannot tell the difference between hot and cold using the very tips of my fingers.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. This thing just doesn't play fair does it. :sadness

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone who has had metformin or been on a PPI should be tested regularly for B12 status - but unfortunately it's apparently "not on the list" as I was told by my GP in Australia - even though the research literature makes it plain that either medication will cause problems with absorption. Sigh.

Very frustrating for you @this is too difficult - have you started on B12 injections?

Note to anyone taking B12 orally - try and get the methylcobalamin version as it is better absorbed than the cheap and nasty version used in most multivitamins.

Reactions: 3 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Anyone who has had metformin or been on a PPI should be tested regularly for B12 status - but unfortunately it's apparently "not on the list" as I was told by my GP in Australia - even though the research literature makes it plain that either medication will cause problems with absorption. Sigh.

Very frustrating for you @this is too difficult - have you started on B12 injections?

Note to anyone taking B12 orally - try and get the methylcobalamin version as it is better absorbed than the cheap and nasty version used in most multivitamins.
first one today,

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

I have been seeing doctors for some of these symptoms for two years now.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The effects of the neuropathy and other side effects of very low b12 will probably be permanent. The first thing I noticed in February was just cold hands and feet which I put down to a change of diet at that time.
But that was yesterday. Time to get on with it now.
Have you had a B12 check?
I know someone who supplemented with vit b1 b6 b12 for 6 months continuous for neuropathy (with weakness on both hands, couldn't lift a cup or a pen) who cured himself of neuropathy. Another friend of mine who had exteme fatigue couldn't get up for. 3 months also had vit b supplements for a year and her neuropathy also went away..not sure about the scientific basis of this (?) but they both swear by it..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think you're broken, but drinking certainly won't help.

This guy was broken - but now he's not. Amazing - a doctor and he couldn't even work it out for himself!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another thing I'd suggest is checking out Dr Terry Wahls book, "The Wahls Protocol". She has put her MS into remission using a diet tailored for neurological and mitochondrial health. It's based around 31 key nutrients that she claims work much better if you can get them from food rather than supplements. Might be worth a try.

I'm hoping things will look more positive for you after a good night's sleep ;)

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Oh joy. Phone call from docs. Vitamin D deficient as well. Maximum dose every day for 12 weeks.
Being cured is rubbish. Felt better before:rolleyes:

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
But at least you have an answer as to what's wrong.....that has to be good right?
Well the probably wont improve can only hope to stop getting worse bit is a bit disappointing I thought the confusion and bad memory was due to bad sugar and working 12 hour shifts most of my life. seems not though. If it can be halted at this I will just get on with it.