liver
thinking of you, maybe have a chat with your gp

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How long have you been on them? It mightn't be depression, you might be just sad over something

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well this week been having a pain in my arm and a slight one in chest. So had a big fry up for breakfast hoping heart would give in. And not going the Doctors.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
G'day from Oz @martin80 You know that you should get a diversion happening to get your mind off things. How about doing a Random Act of Kindness.or as I prefer to call it; a planned act of kindness.

Have a think about it, I am sure someone in your vicinity could do with a bit of help.

That way you would feel useful and appreciated.

Why not give it a go and tell us all what you did.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that sounds like depression, time for the meds to be checked or get into some counceling

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Well this week been having a pain in my arm and a slight one in chest. So had a big fry up for breakfast hoping heart would give in. And not going the Doctors.

But you can eat fry up on LCHF :D
Have a read of http://www.dietdoctor.com
It cheered me up when I saw what I could eat.
How well under control is your diabetes? Are you newly diagnosed? When I was first diagnosed, I had a whole host of negative feelings but 7 months down the line and 3 stone lighter, I feel much better. You can't change your past but you do have a chance to control your future. Posting on here is a good start. It's a real multi cultural international forum so no matter what time you post, someone will be around. Hope you feel better soon!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could move up a peg and see a Psychiatric if you want

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont know how long i can go on like this. I get down so i want to harm myself yet im too much of a coward to do anything about it.

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
Hey @martin80 I belong to a men's shed in Australia and there is a Shed Online sponsored by Beyond Blue.and it has a forum that is under repair so it is not working too good. You might enjoy a poke around there to see what some men get up to, Check out how many registered sheds we have and all the rest.

Men's sheds are set up as workshops where men use tools and do things and while they are there shoulder to shoulder they talk about things.

http://www.theshedonline.org.au/

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Im so down today. Could just really cry.

Hi martin80
Sorry life is getting you down.:(
Where are your bloods at? I only ask because my husband went through a really low patch before he was diagnosed T1 - we realised afterwards that his erratic BG levels were actually a major contributor to how negative he was feeling. He was in a really dark place martin80 so it's worth having a think about that.
If it helps, you may like to share your thoughts (or watch/just listen in) with the #gbdoc tweet chat on Wednesday evening 9pm this week. it's on the topic of depression.
Sending vibes of support and positivity your way. www.gbdoc.co.uk

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Im so down today. Could just really cry.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down, have a chat with your GP and see if you can get some help. Take good care.

I WISH YOU ALL THE COLOURS OF THE RAINBOW....................... EXCEPT BLUE.

RRB

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
Hi, so Ive read all the previous posts and your starting one. So what is getting you down? Having diabetes at all, or having to do daily injections or test or having to watch what you eat or something else? There must be something thats triggered off your "down" mood. Im not saying its not justified, we all have down times living with this disease but there must be something that really p****s you off more than others. if you can share that, then we can help, otherwise its hard to know what to advise quite honestly.

Woollyfuller

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Martin - I read this and it hit a chord with me..

I was diagnosed 4 months ago with Type 1, I wouldn't say I felt as depressed about it as you seem to be, but I see similarities. I became very grumpy and went into a very unproductive denial period. I have been close to throwing my meds away more than a few times, I am surprised my blood meter still works considering how many walls its bounced off.

I won't claim I know how to help you as your battle is obviously a very deep and personal one - but, I will say you need try and be tough, that's how I am dealing with it. I decided only recently I wasn't going to let this horrible affliction beat me, I'm better than this illness and if it wants a fight it can bloody well have one, whether I win in the long run is yet to be determined, but on the way I'll make sure I give as good as I get!

I sincerely hope you find your path and life improves, just please don't do anything you regret.. Always remember the first person to say you can do this is usually yourself..

Good luck mate!

Reactions: 6 people

martin80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all very much for all the help and advice. My down mood is sometimes family life sometimes work and sometimes diabetes. I cannot control my blood sugar all the time, but when i do get them level, i either end up not eating (hypo) or eating and not taking insulin. My doctors and nurses have say "there only one person that can do something about it and its you". I hate the fact that i am yawning all the time, i get my sleep dont get me wrong but im always tired. I told that if i write my sugar down that will give me better control. But after a week or day it stops.

Sent from my ALCATEL one touch 990 using DCUK Forum mobile app

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now with family stuff and the the whole diabetes caravan on top. i would like to say to you that it gets easier, i would be lying of course, but what does get easier is only from my experience of course is to be able to recognise the downs and ups and do something about them.. I appreciate you may not have had diabetes very long and it is a hell of a shock, and one of the trickier challenges is working out whats in food. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you dont, but thats life with diabetes Im afraid, at least you're trying to get it right which is jolly good, better than not caring at all. Your doctors and nurses are right, but there is perhaps a more subtle way of delivering that message I would say, hey ho - the medical profession dont always get it it right when they communicate with us as people living with this disease.

Writing all your levels and sugars down is I admit a bit of a pain, but I think there's a really cool app where it does it for you other than input the data of course, think its been developed by a german bloke and its called something original like mySugr app - have a look for it as it would mean it wasnt such a pain for you to keep track and even the slightest changes in your diet or regime will show which if you've got it right is v satisfying. What do you think? Try it for a week and see how you get on?