Animas Vibe - pump is not primed

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Spiker interesting! I have new reservoirs with that batch number and am experiencing bad high BG. I rarely change reservoir and cannula on same day but they happened to co-inside on Monday. This is the first reservoir from that batch and since change I've had to use 30-40% more temp basal plus larger boluses. Had wondered if it was left over stress from having so many failed cannulas but will be interesting to see what happens with new set due tomorrow. I've had no alarms/warning (fingers crossed). Is the LOT number on your reservoirs U200033?

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I guess I read the stupid label wrong. If the LOT number is the one that begins with a U then I have U200018 as the "suspect packages".

And my new shipment are U200034. So at least it's worth me switching to one of those.

At this rate of swapping reservoirs I'm going to be out of insulin by Monday.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah so at least we have the same batch but different lots of it to try. Still find it weird though how so many Animas pumpers including many experienced ones are suddenly have bad BG and set problems. Animas used to be the more reliable brand. Not as fancy (no remote etc) but simple and reliable which is why I picked it. How times change :(

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah reliability has got to come first. All the other features, even ease of use, are pointless if the basic insulin delivery system is not reliable. :-(

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Oh I guess I read the stupid label wrong. If the LOT number is the one that begins with a U then I have U200018 as the "suspect packages".

And my new shipment are U200034. So at least it's worth me switching to one of those.

At this rate of swapping reservoirs I'm going to be out of insulin by Monday.
I have the U200018 batch and using a lot more insulin than normal :(

iHs

Hmmmm must admit that I too got the Pump not primed msg come up which happened after I had tried to upload data. Nothing to do with cartridge as that had been in pump for 30hrs.. I just put it down to the pumps programming throwing a wobbly as the msg cleared when I primed a stream of insulin through the tube. Will keep an eye on this though just to see if it happens again.

The cartridges I have are U200024 and have been using them since June

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Where are you @Spiker ? Need me to post you a reservoir? when you start are you pulling it back and fore for 4/5 times before you fill with insulin?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've just tried a new box of cartridges with the batch number of U200030. I'm still needing more insulin and upping basal as I go along. So it's not the cartridges. I do feel very unwell though. So illness is more than likely the cause of my problem.

H

Hooked

The batch I'm currently using is U200018 and as I've said in my latest thread on here, having problems with my blood glucose levels in ways I haven't had since pre pump days.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Turns out I was unwell as well, something that felt like 12 hr D&V hit this morning. There are some wimpy viruses out there but 12 hrs takes the biscuit. It was bad enough that I was ketone testing but this was negative. (Though, hmm, I opened the ketostix 6 months ago.)

Anyway none of that explains the rash of Not Primed errors, but it might explain the persistent high BG.

A new reservoir from a different box of the same Lot number may have sorted it. I had one error but so far so good since then.

So @Engineer88, tyvm for the offer but I will take a raincheck.

I still think I should do a medical device report.

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No Eng I am not doing that in out shake it all about malarkey with a new reservoir, but then I never have, and never had this rash of errors before.

Also, isn't that the exact opposite of why they tell you not to re-use cartridges? Push it in/out 5 times and it's the same as a cartridge I've used 5 times.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*Still resisting an utterly juvenile temptaiton *:rolleyes:

Feckity feckity feckity ****! ****, **** ****!

Oh B*gger!:eek:

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No Eng I am not doing that in out shake it all about malarkey with a new reservoir, but then I never have, and never had this rash of errors before.

Also, isn't that the exact opposite of why they tell you not to re-use cartridges? Push it in/out 5 times and it's the same as a cartridge I've used 5 times.
Hi Spiker,
it's a must that you move the plunger up and down as there is a special lubricant on the inside of the cartridge. This allows the smooth movement of the plunger. Not doing so can cause a lot of problems including undue pressure on the piston trying to push plunger.
That is the reason for not reusing the cartridge more than once, can get away with twice though :) no lubricant left as all dissolved.

Reactions: 4 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Spiker I'm surprised at you. as @CarbsRok said you need to lubricate the oring in the plunger.

Now go do the HokeyKoky and sort it out.