Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
my BS readings first thing in the mornings are still high of around 13
over the past 3 days pre lunch and pre tea have been around 8.1 and 2 hours later around 11.1
these are so much lower then they have been

Reactions: 14 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Ally on seeing a reduction.

One thing, you should try to keep the difference between your before reading and 2 hour reading at about 2mmol/l or less. Yours seems to be about 3mmol/l which is too much. Are you still keeping a food diary, including portions, and can you see certain meals causing a higher rise than others?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit, i,m beginning to recognolise what food i can and can,t eat
i,m also reducing my portion sizes though i do eat too much

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's good. Keep reducing the portion sizes of the carbs but don't forget to add a bit of fat - butter, cheese, olive oil, cream. No need to go mad with the dairy produce, but it is this that will keep you from feeling hungry.

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Keep at it Ally getting better , it all takes time.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you bluetit and john

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Fantastic Ally.... Wonderful to see you reporting an 8.1.

Also, startling to see an admittance of eating more than should... That is true recognition of wanting to get better figures... So, so pleased for you....

You will find patterns and foods that really should be off limits - but in addition you will find great food that you really like that and can eat plenty of.

That is the best news I've heard for weeks. Well done you. Really proud, despite not knowing you that YOU have managed to achieve this.. Not GP's, not dieticians. Well done. :))

I would so love to hear in 6 months time how fantastically you have managed and telling us how you have changed and how you found the willpower and foods to do it.

You have been extremely mismanaged with your NHS help and advice but it is so woderful to see you posting 8.1-well done YOU!!!!

Reactions: 11 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's going in the right direction now, isn't it Ali? We're all learning all the time about what's good and bad for us, but at least we're trying to take control!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great progress there, Ally. Stick with it. It's worth it!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Also Ally won't it be a boost to show your better readings to your nurse?
That you have done so well to get them down so much lower... They then actually consider that your medication may need adjusting to help you lower them a tad more...because they can see that you really have made considerable effort off your own back and your own willlpower. Showing that you seriously are taking great steps to monitor, to adjust eating etc makes HCP's believe that they can see you care and will want to help you more..

However, you say that you are eating larger portions. So by just reducing the portion sizes still a bit further at some point would probably help your readings a little bit more.

What an improvement Ally. You really have got the levels reduced remarkably well considering the troubles that you have been having these last few months.

Got to say, keep up the effort and so hope in 6 months time that you will be advising us on how to turn high levels to low ones.

So well done....

Reactions: 10 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,m glad they are lowering but worried about the morning first thing readings

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i,m glad they are lowering but worried about the morning first thing readings

Ally - I found they were the last to drop, when I was reducing mine. Stick with it.

Have you lost any weight? Are your clothes feeling loose? All of that makes a difference.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ally the morning readings will drop in time too. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work!:)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
when i saw the diabetic nurse on friday, i hadn,t lost any weight but my clothes are feeling looser
i,m weighing size 24/26 trousers and tried on a pair of size 22 and got bthem on but a little tight

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds positive Ally. Sometimes we lose inches rather than pounds. I suggest you get a tape measure and keep an eye on your waist measurements. Record them every month. The more it drops, the better you will be.

Reactions: 6 people

gizmo girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Sorry to butt in but can't work out how to start a new thread!!! I'm type 2 & on 1.2mg Victoza. My BS this morning 17.1 any ideas how to bring my BS down?????