Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i am very happy with the results apart from tonights reading but know why
just wish my first morning reading was lower

It'll happen Ally, but only if you really keep your other numbers tight.

I'm not sure which thread I said this on, but my theory is that your body has been used to running very high for quite a while. Our bodies try to regulate things for us, and for your body, it's still trying to keep your blood scores high - because that's where you were running for quite a while. So, you're now effectively retraining your body to accept that these lower numbers are now right for you. Unfortunately, having the odd blip, like you have done with the ice-cream or tinned fruit, is likely to prolong how long it takes to get that morning number down.

Really focus Ally. So many of these things are habit, and that includes eating a good diet as well as eating a less diabetic friendly diet. Are you finding your cravings are less than they were?

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, i am finding my sweet cravings have almost gone
at the moment i have one sweentener in my tea and now finding that too sweet

Reactions: 12 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
andbreathe, i am finding my sweet cravings have almost gone
at the moment i have one sweentener in my tea and now finding that too sweet

That really is brilliant news.

Was the ice-cream yesterday a bit of an experiment to see what it did to your bloods, or did you think it would be OK, and get a surprise/shock?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i was testing the ice cream to see if it spiked my readings, as it did, i threw out the rest of the ice cream so that i won,t be tempted

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

I've got a brilliant recipe Ally if you fancy ice cream the won't spike you.
Get a bag of frozen berries from asda tesco ect. V cheap...don't defrost them. Pour a quarter of the bag into mixer of processer. Pour in half a pot of double cream and 2. Teasp of splenda. Whiz. And eat some straight away. Put rest in freezer in tupperware. Lush and will not spike you...enjoy

Reactions: 8 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Hi I need some guidance. Wasn't feeling very well yesterday, got up today feeling no better. My morning reading was 6.O which is normal for me just now. I Had 2weetabix for breakfast at 9.30, tested at 11.30 and gone up to 7.3 just thinking about my lunch and I'm up to 8.5 is it ok to eat? And if so what would be the safest food? I'm scared of pushing it up even more and don't understand why my BG is climbing

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I need some guidance. Wasn't feeling very well yesterday, got up today feeling no better. My morning reading was 6.O which is normal for me just now. I Had 2weetabix for breakfast at 9.30, tested at 11.30 and gone up to 7.3 just thinking about my lunch and I'm up to 8.5 is it ok to eat? And if so what would be the safest food? I'm scared of pushing it up even more and don't understand why my BG is climbing

You may be better starting your own thread about this. More people will see it if you do. In the meantime, it could well be your Weetabix that is pushing up your levels.

alliebee

I agee. Weetabix would send me up into ten or more...you mention you feel unwell. This is also could make your bg readings higher than normal esp if you have picked up a virus. Hope you feel better soon

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with the Weetabix being the culprit. If you are looking for things to eat which won't effect it too much, go for meat or cheese and veg/salad. Keep of the bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i tried weetabix in the early days and found my BS levels rose dramatically
i often have 2 sausages or bacon for breakfast

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ally, are your sausages very high meat content ones? Check next time you buy some. Most sausages are low in meat and high in cereals/carbs.

Reactions: 4 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
just looked bluetit, no low meat content, thanks for telling me about the meat content, so now i won,t eat them

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
just looked bluetit, no low meat content, thanks for telling me about the meat content, so now i won,t eat them

You can buy high meat content ones. Others will help more with this because I don't really like sausages so don't bother with them.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I agee. Weetabix would send me up into ten or more...you mention you feel unwell. This is also could make your bg readings higher than normal esp if you have picked up a virus. Hope you feel better soon
Thanks, I have been eating them without a problem until last Thursday and started with stomach cramps as well. Just spoken to my daughter and she thinks the same so weetabix off the menu now and will try my 97% meat sausages tomorrow, thanks for your replies

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tesco do a lovely 97% meat chipalata sausage I cook them on my grill machine and no fat runs off into the tray £3.29 they are thin ones not the chunky ones mmmm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've got a brilliant recipe Ally if you fancy ice cream the won't spike you.
Get a bag of frozen berries from asda tesco ect. V cheap...don't defrost them. Pour a quarter of the bag into mixer of processer. Pour in half a pot of double cream and 2. Teasp of splenda. Whiz. And eat some straight away. Put rest in freezer in tupperware. Lush and will not spike you...enjoy
That sounds delicious, what size cream do you use is it a large tub?

alliebee

Not the little ones. I use tescos med size. Enough for 3 or 4 servings with the berries and not many carbs at all. It just hits the spot

alliebee

Ally my butcher makes his own 97% meat ones. Next tp no carbs. Think Black Farmer from most supermarkets are good too

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always have used Asda cheap sausages as I like the taste, just checked and they are about 10% carbs, the odd one is that some of the more expensive sausages are higher carb content. They do have one that is about 2% carbs so I might have to try those instead, although I don't normally have a problem with sausages (as long I don't but them inside a large bread roll as I used to do)