Almond flour. Is it the same as ground almonds in recipes?

alliebee

I'm a bit unsure here. When a recipe calls for almond flour. Is this just like the ground almonds on sale?

alliebee

I'm wondering if almond flour is just more ground almonds but ground much finer? Anyone know?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ground almond recipes work better if you blitz the ground almonds again in a blender begore using.
Most recipes only call for a max of 21/2cups, so each cup I put in my little braun hand held blender and then put in to the rest of ingredients.
Unless you are foing a cheesecake base where they are fine as they are.
For muffins or any cakes I blitz mine again to make the end product lighter..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If you ever use vanilla pods.. These ate coming into Lidl's for 9th Oct cheap to anywhere else.. 2 pods for £1.49...

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Ground almonds is almond flour - just made a sticky toffee pudding with ground almonds and coconut flour. I know dates are high in carbs but its only a little portion without the wheat.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello How was the cheesy almond bread? I think its delicious but that sticky toffee pudding sounds yummy:)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Reporting back, the sticky toffee pudding was delicious. I bought Hemsley and Hemsley, cook book. OMG well worth it, loads of fab recipes. No junk, dead easy low carb etc etc. Going to have to review it on you know who's site. Made a few of the recipes already. The pudding was in there. Thinking about it its a nice batter so I'm going to pop in berries next time. The recipe was from the Helmsley sisters book.
I also made crispy chicken drumsticks sooo tasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Ground almond mixed with a little sweetener and double cream and you can make marzipan, my downfall during Christmas, staying away until target weight reached.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reporting back, the sticky toffee pudding was delicious. I bought Hemsley and Hemsley, cook book. OMG well worth it, loads of fab recipes. No junk, dead easy low carb etc etc. Going to have to review it on you know who's site. Made a few of the recipes already. The pudding was in there. Thinking about it its a nice batter so I'm going to pop in berries next time. The recipe was from the Helmsley sisters book.
I also made crispy chicken drumsticks sooo tasty.
I'm getting that cookbook for Christmas -I know because I bought it and am going to sell it to one of my girls so they can give it to me. :)

Reactions: 4 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Well I've tried all the chicken recipes and can guarantee them. Especially the drumsticks dome in spicy ground almonds.