how important diabeties can be

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
still no news from the hospital not looking good really he has been in surgery since 11am :(

Micro-plumbing takes a long time. I might even be inclined to take heart from the length of time, in that there hasn't just been a quick look, then go for end game. My get feeling is that could have been relatively quick.

I'd encourage you to stay positive.

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
That is along time ...unless they were late starting and recovery is taking a while ...take care
i wondered that to kat last op he had was bad recovery with him xx

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Micro-plumbing takes a long time. I might even be inclined to take heart from the length of time, in that there hasn't just been a quick look, then go for end game. My get feeling is that could have been relatively quick.

I'd encourage you to stay positive.
yes keeping calm and hoping wen he wakes up and asks for a jam butty ill re kill him lol xx

Marie4james

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hoping for a good outcome, and hope your friend had a comfortable night.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
hello and thanku for all your kind words he has has a partial amputation meaning few toes they managed to repair collasped veins with surgical tubing in his thigh to get blood flowing again as he had no pulse , very sore this morning but high on medication sent me a text at 545 am to tell me he still has hig leg on lol i think the morphine was kicking in again fingers crossed now the days ahead the op has solved it .. i tell u somthing i wont ever let my type 2 do that to me im determined to keep focused xxx

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Thanks for the update Cath, and best wishes to your friend in his recovery and hope that he can then start to turn things round and avoid further complications.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello and thanku for all your kind words he has has a partial amputation meaning few toes they managed to repair collasped veins with surgical tubing in his thigh to get blood flowing again as he had no pulse , very sore this morning but high on medication sent me a text at 545 am to tell me he still has hig leg on lol i think the morphine was kicking in again fingers crossed now the days ahead the op has solved it .. i tell u somthing i wont ever let my type 2 do that to me im determined to keep focused xxx

That must be such a relief Cath. It's a shame about his toes, but comparatively a better outcome.

With luck, today will be a pivotal day in his diabetes management.

That re-plumbing malarky or seriously clever stuff!! How long was he in theatre in the end?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I hope he continues to recover well . Im glad you have posted to let us know how he is. Best wishes.:)

K

Kat100

Hi cath have been thinking of you and your friend ..Thank you for sharing ....take care of yourself and your friend , none of us never know the what ifs but we can only try to do our best ....good luck and best wishes ..Kat thinking of you ....

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That must be such a relief Cath. It's a shame about his toes, but comparatively a better outcome.

With luck, today will be a pivotal day in his diabetes management.

That re-plumbing malarky or seriously clever stuff!! How long was he in theatre in the end?
he went down 11am then was 8 last night b4 he arrived from recovery room xx

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi cath have been thinking of you and your friend ..Thank you for sharing ....take care of yourself and your friend , none of us never know the what ifs but we can only try to do our best ....good luck and best wishes ..Kat thinking of you ....
thanku kat xx

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the update Cath, and best wishes to your friend in his recovery and hope that he can then start to turn things round and avoid further complications.
thanks rod x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope your friend makes a full recovery Cath, take care.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I hope this awful experience helps your friend overcome his denial and that something positive comes out of it. You are a great role model for him so I sincerely hope he starts listening to your avice :)

(Great photo by the way!)

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope this awful experience helps your friend overcome his denial and that something positive comes out of it. You are a great role model for him so I sincerely hope he starts listening to your avice :)

(Great photo by the way!)
thanku i will be on his case now he sees how ive controlled mine now his turn thanks for your comment and pic one of my 10k few weeks back xx

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am glad your friend is "ok" and will still be able to go for walks with you. There is always hope that this incident will shake his world just enough that he sees the importance of better control... If so, and I know you will, try and make him come her and we will help him. He can also give us his experience so that we are all encourage to strive for further healthiness.

not sure that comes over right but hopefully you get the gist