Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.5 this morning, following 6.1 pre-dinner (eh? - maybe a rogue) and 5.8 post dinner.

Interesting point about dreams - if we have 'stressy' dreams with fight/flight issues involved, does the liver respond to that or does it just think 'stupid brain' and ignore it?

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9.0 this morning bloods taken today for next weeks review feet are fine and dandy. Had my flu shot usually makes my tongue numb, but I just came home and threw up!! not at all like me cant remember the last time I was actually sick. Made appointment to see DR before seeing DN next turesday so I can ask for more lancets and glucose sticks be nice to use in date ones.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe you do make me laugh
and thank you for all the support that you give me

Reactions: 2 people

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning, following 6.1 pre-dinner (eh? - maybe a rogue) and 5.8 post dinner.

Interesting point about dreams - if we have 'stressy' dreams with fight/flight issues involved, does the liver respond to that or does it just think 'stupid brain' and ignore it?

lol rod - god knows what my brain is thinking about. i didn't connect fight or flight actually - think i'm just confused :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 which was surprising given the poor night's sleep I had- awake till 2 then up twice after that.
Completely with you on that one cold ethyl- less than 1 1/2 hrs sleep! I'm going to post my reading on here then may start a new thread on my awful night and day!! (Dont want to take over on here!)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 for me - pleasant surprise after the dreadful, restless and painful night I endured!! Managed to stay in 5's again today too:)

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.

I think dreams can have an impact. I sometimes have very vivid dreams (but think this could be due to extra vitamins I've been taking), anyway, I sometimes wake up from one and my heart will be pounding like mad. Haven't made a point of noticing higher morning levels on these occasions but I'm sure it must have a physiological impact.........
Sweet dreams folks!

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Oooops, sorry, didn't mean that to be a "sweet" pun, but I'm sure you all knew what I meant. Obviously not really sweet dreams in our case, that would be bad for our blood sugar readings!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Completely with you on that one cold ethyl- less than 1 1/2 hrs sleep! I'm going to post my reading on here then may start a new thread on my awful night and day!! (Dont want to take over on here!)

We talk about all sorts on here Kim, go for it - (sorry you had such a night but we're curious now!).

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We talk about all sorts on here Kim, go for it - (sorry you had such a night but we're curious now!).
Just done a long post rod.....you may need a drink to get through it;)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
mike d my best reading in the morning i think was 11. best pre lunch and pre tea has been 7.9

Sounds like you're on the right track and I wish you well :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4,4 this morning.

Very happy with recent counts

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412826244.387994.jpg

Sorry it's in mg/dl - you need to divide by 18 to get corresponding mmol scores.

To be honest I have been a little surprised at how quickly I have been able to get my numbers down: cutting down on carbs drastically and increasing physical activity seems to have worked.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412826189.285396.jpg

Thanks for all the support.

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.7 this morning so its the late readings that tend to be high before bedtime grrr

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 again for me......ok I guess, those 4's of recent make me a bit miffed with this now though! Much better night last night though.....off to update on other thread!

Reactions: 9 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.3 this morning pleased. Made an appointment with my Dr for Monday hoping to further reduce my medication.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.