Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. A little up on the last couple of weeks, but very much mid personal range, so I have no concerns.

Yesterday was quite a busy day in the end. I popped back to the shop where I bought a smart new winter coat (well, previous iterations no longer fit!), as I had already (never having worn the coat outside) lost a button and didn't have a spare. Spare button provided within 5 minutes. However, I left having bought 1 pair skinny white jeans, a pair of sawn off denim shorts (not too short!), 2 tops, a sweater each for me and OH (Howard and Hilda moment anyone? :wideyed:), and a faux fur gillet. Yes, the button was free of charge, but............ erm,............... explain the rest away!

Yesterday I also had my routine eye test. I had no retinopathy concerns, having had that checked a few weeks ago, but my overall sight has improved slightly. Only a tiny bit, for distance. The Optometrist doesn't think there is any connection with my T2 diagnosis, but it's just a tiny variation.

All's well on Planet Breathe. Play nicely boys and girls. :)

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Average 4.7 , 5.8 and 6.3, if you will! I've opted god calling one an outlier and settled on 6. Up a bit as I was out till 1 last night and only tested at. 11 this morning when I finally came to enough to stick a strip in meter. It's at times like this that I wish mr Ethyl's breakfast skills went beyond a slice of toast.

Reactions: 5 people

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

My morning readings are the only readings I have a problem with, they are usually between 6.8 and 7.3, and I just can't get them any lower, the rest of the day Im in the 5s - 6s before and after meals. I'm on no medication at present

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
6.2, I need to retire ...
I am with you on that one started work when I was 14, worked full time all the time.

But with 5 children to rear and youngest still only 11, methinks the work will continue
For a good few years, lucky I am still enjoying it, most of the time.

Reactions: 4 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
5'8 this morning but small bowl of porridge pushed it to10.3

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9.2 this morning all others coming down nicely have Dr apt Tuesday afternoon and DN

Reactions: 2 people

fugly54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
dishonesty and bulls***, the way the country is being run, not being able to get out and excersize more or take my dog for nice long walks.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Haven't a clue! I've run out of strips, and my doc won't give me anymore.

Hiya Benniesmum

As has been mentioned before, if you are Type 1 on insulin or Type 2 on medication (and have or are at risk of having a hypo), tell your gp that you HAVE to test before you drive, and whilst you're driving, to comply with the DVLA rules. Check full rules here https://www.gov.uk/diabetes-driving.
Good luck.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413001564.817650.jpg

A really spectacular sunrise over Nicosia this morning and a nice 4,8 mmol fasting count for me.

Have a great day

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 pre breakfast super meal out last night Avocado & prawns, Italian meatballs in rich tomatoe sauce, followed by 4 cheeses & the naughty bit 1 biscuit. Oh and a few Vodkas with diet coke. all low car and delicious.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning ???.......fell asleep on the sofa woke up at midnight, slept for another hour then finally got into bed and woke up at 04:00, went back to sleep finally getting out of bed at 05:20…… possibly the reason for this reading. I've been in the under fives for about 10 days now.

Reactions: 9 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes!
4.3 this morning, I have got rid of the last of the high reading codefree batch, so it must be this in part. I haven't been below 4.7 for weeks! Also I have got back into the routine of regular(ish) exercise again.

Maxwell

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
7.5! in heaven going down lets see what tomoz brings

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
4.5 this morning.
Went to bed on 4.6, which was bit of a surprise actually.

Last night I did sage and onion stuffed lamb hearts, with shallots, mushrooms, and gravy and served with quinoa and bulgur wheat and a glass of wine.
My daughter then did some cake making, I had a batch of cheese and bacon muffins, (bran, almond flour, and a small amount of white flour), and pinched a couple of her mini iced cup cakes. Admittedly with a very nice glass of Grants Signature 'Rich Toasted Malt' Whiskey.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning, I will go with that, fairly decent night back-wise, but was up 3 times for the loo!

Status
Not open for further replies.