New hip on Monday

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Thank you Weewillie,your little man dancing may be me in a few weeks time.

Nothing like positive thinking Patricia1.
As Punch said to Judy......"That's the way to do it." :)

News Flash....
Samuel Pepys first recorded seeing Punch and Judy 353 years ago in May next year.
How's that for a piece of up to date news. :joyful:

Seriously though, best wishes again for tomorrow.

weewillie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Thank you for your concern and replies,Got the new hip and came home yesterday,a bit sore and tired but ok,had a spinal didnt know a thing,was very well looked after,staff lovely.
The only thing to complain about was the diet ,nothing for diabetics on diet control,take the carbs off the plate and there is nothing left,banana for pudding,no plain yogurt,all puddings with sugar.yet on the other hand they cater for all nationalities which is fine,but not diabetics,anyway it was only a few days,to get back on track now,BS between 10 and 14 perhaps due to surgery,usually between 5 and 8.
I just feel bad for diabetics who have long stays in hospital,they will have to get food brought in from home.
Thanks again folks,had lots of help from this forum,I have learnt a lot from just reading round.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Jack 412 no key hole 8ins cut.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
glad you're ok. I want a pair of those skechers as well. i believe there's a factory or mill shop in Derbyshire that sell them very much reduced.

I'm supposed to have general on Thursday for gynae op been waiting months for it - am trying not to get a cold or any infections. I wonder whether they might offer a spinal - because i've put weight on whilst getting blood sugars under control you know what anaesthetists are like.

But in a way its healthy weight gain with a long period of staying the same weight, not the diabetic drastic weight loss. so i think i'd go for spinal if offered.

Then on 21 october, i have my right hand carpel tunnel done under local - so much less faffing about than G.A

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ouch, that's gunna be sore for a while. did they a problem...or they were training the new guy :)
how are you going with your swing the leg exercisies..it looks funny to watch

Mini-Invasive Surgery maybe he got his inches and centimetres mixed up it's around 8-12cm
.Mini-Invasive Surgery
MIS surgery describes the surgical approach to the Hip Replacement i.e. that is the
way the surgeon operates on your tissues to get to the hip replacement. The actual
components placed in the hip replacement are the same whether MIS is used or a
traditional approach is used.
Mini-Invasive Surgery (MIS) or keyhole surgery for hip replacement offers a less
invasive alternative approach to hip replacement surgery. MIS surgery involves
inserting the hip replacement through a much smaller incision (around 8-12cm) than
the previous incisions of 20-30cm. The real difference in the MIS approach is not
the size or look of the skin incision but what goes on underneath the skin that is
important.
MIS is a new approach to Hip Replacement surgery and hence there are no long-term
studies on the outcomes of this surgery. Early studies are encouraging and show
advantages over the traditional approaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Bev good luck with your opp and thanks .They will have you out the day after.
I used to live in Glapwell Derbyshire,near Bolsover,used to shop at Mcarther Glenn,
Are you going to Chesterfield Hospital?
Let me know how you get on

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Jack.
Hope they were not training the new guy.The problem was I had been walking about wirh a dislocated hip that didnt show on the x ray as it was to cloudy with arthritis.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jack.
Hope they were not training the new guy.The problem was I had been walking about wirh a dislocated hip that didnt show on the x ray as it was to cloudy with arthritis.
no wonder you were in pain before the op...sounds like they needed some elbow room and got the big hammers and chisels out
it probably feels better even now than before the op...did ya get the good drugs to bring home :)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Jack.
They gave me Morphine ,I was very sick .
I managed on Paracetamol up to last night,then took Codine Phosphate,bit better today,Im trying to keep to Paracetamol.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
took the codeine with the paracetamol?, even if you half the codeine and take with the paracetamol ... just to take the edge off
don't be in pain, it will slow your recovery.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bev good luck with your opp and thanks .They will have you out the day after.
I used to live in Glapwell Derbyshire,near Bolsover,used to shop at Mcarther Glenn,
Are you going to Chesterfield Hospital?
Let me know how you get on

Live in stockport so in the middle really, it's at our local hospital.

're the codeine, when I've been on them I take one with a 2 hour gap in between the 2nd one until get used to them, don't like the spaced out feeling.

C

chris lowe

Glad the op went ok and you are now on the road to recovery. Hope all goes well, but don't try and do too much. It's surprising how easily you can tire yourself out.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
YAY,,it's time to do your exercises, get off the iPhone and out of bed.
I bet you are enjoying it. dose up well with the drugs beforehand :)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Thank you RRB and Jack.
Could have chatted last night Jack ,I was up as well,difficult to sleep on my back for a long time.Hip fine only on Paracetamol,but Im slow walking.
I have lots of lovely flowers from friends and family and my youngest son is coming today from London for a few days,he likes to cook so thats fine.
My daughter tells me I need an I pad ,my mobile was £14 years ago.but I manage on my lap top.
Have a good weekend all. You have kept my spirits up