prediabetes

derek7

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi everone thankyou for your kind words. I think I am starting to understand a lot more about glucose intolerance now, I am finding new way to cook food and cutting out lots of sweet things and carbs, I just need to start to get more exercise. I had more blood tests this week waiting for the results and some were fasting ones hopefully I have got on top of it all now. thankyou for your support, when I was told the first lot of results I was told very little . but now I am learning more each day.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is good. Please come back and let us know your latest blood results.

shuhad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetic is not good for health. So we have to awareness about diabetic. Sometime we are not control our health which is not good for our health.You have seniority in diabetes, but some questions, doubts. this book "DON'T MESS WITH YOUR SUGAR, HONEY"can still offer you plenty of tips and tricks to help you fight your disease and remain as healthy as possible.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

derek7

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi everyone, i went back to the doctors for more blood tests lots of different ones as well as a fasting one for glucose and that one came back normal i don,t understand how the first one came back as glucose intolerant 4.2 i havent got a clue whats going on now how can that happen am i still border line or not.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
hi everyone, i went back to the doctors for more blood tests lots of different ones as well as a fasting one for glucose and that one came back normal i don,t understand how the first one came back as glucose intolerant 4.2 i havent got a clue whats going on now how can that happen am i still border line or not.
What's 4.2? :meh: What were the test results that said you're normal? Anyway, the HbA1c of 42 mmol/L you had before was barely into the prediabetic range. It's possible to have a normal fasting blood glucose level and an elevated HbA1c - that just means that your post meal blood glucose is a bit higher than normal. Your HbA1c is elevated, but not in the diabetic range, so they did more tests. It's possible your change of diet, although recent, has lowered your blood glucose levels. Anyway, why not ask your doctor these questions as well? :pompous:

K

Kat100

Hi Derek and welcome ...
Just a thought , from experience ..I was once pre diabetic ...then. Non diabetic ...then emergency diabetic ...now in pre diabetic levels two years on ...
Some people can go up and down that fast , sorry I don't know the cause ...more to,discuss with your dr ...
But at the moment you are aware of the stage you are at ...that is good ....
Stress can also change levels ....so much to think about , but take it slowly , do not panic and take things slowly , easy to say I know ...
Let us know how you get on , sorry to hear about your stroke ....never easy these things ....best wishes Kat

Hi, wonder whether you have tried fruit tea instead of the normal tea, which doesn't obviously need milk or sugar and gives a wonderful flavour which is healthy too. It did definitely work with my father, who is now on his track to green tea which has helped him lose weight and help overcome insulin resistance too!

derek7

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks kat 100 andyogaand diabetes .. ill try any thing once i am getting more used to the idea of things now not finding it so scary now. fruit tea sounds nice i will have to try that and it sounds healthy thankyou,,...

K

Kat100

thanks kat 100 andyogaand diabetes .. ill try any thing once i am getting more used to the idea of things now not finding it so scary now. fruit tea sounds nice i will have to try that and it sounds healthy thankyou,,...
You will get there Derek ..lots of support here ...best wishes ..Kat

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Derek, with an HbA1c of 42 I think just 20 minute brisk walk a day will be enough to sort you out. Yes cut out superfluous sugar (such as in tea - it tastes so much better without it (give it a week)) but go for that walk about an hour after your main meal and your next HbA1c in 3 months will most probably be below 42. Don't change your lifestyle drastically on a knee jerk. Take a measured approach and see what small changes do first.

I think yours may just be a case where the NHS advice of cutting sugar and exercise will be enough.