List of irritating Animas Vibe features - please contribute! :-)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Please feel free to add your own.

• The confirm message that pops up EVERY TIME to confirm I want a BG test reminder in 2 hours. Yes, that's why I set that setting. How about you remind me in 2 hours, not 2 seconds after EVERY bolus or correction. This message is utterly, utterly pointless. The only thing that is more pointless is the fact that I have to press OK to confirm it.
  • The fact that the BG test reminder confirmation, AND the "is this a fingerstick reading" CGM calibration confirmation, both come up AFTER bolus delivery. This means I have to stand their like a lemon holding my pump on the end of a tube until the delivery completes. I can't put the pump away and click OK after a while, for risk of interrupting the delivery due to the "press any key to abort delivery" feature.
  • The fact that the BG wizard refuses to read the value from the CGM. This again causes me to stand around as I S L O W L Y scroll toward the actual value. This is the pump stealing my time, because it assumes I am an idiot. The pump clearly can read the value from the CGM, because this is exactly what happens every time you do a CGM calibration. In poor light, having to scroll to the CGM value is MORE likely to cause me harm.
  • The fact that the pump is not ambidextrous. Kind of means I have to wear it on one side of my body for the rest of my life.

etc etc etc - please add your own! One day there will be a Vibe 2, so maybe they will incorporate new features and fixes.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
The fact pressing the down arrow doesn't send it back to the to of the page when it reaches the bottom of the page you have to go all the way back up the list

The pump only tells you IOB as you are about to bolus ( as far as I can see )

H

Hooked

" I can't put the pump away and click OK after a while, for risk of interrupting the delivery due to the "press any key to abort delivery" feature."

I love my Vibe pump!
Though it has happened me a couple of times clipping the pump back onto my trousers, or putting it into the spibelt that as I've pushed the pump on/in I've hit that button just next to the tubing. A button that I never have any use for apart from accidently buggering up my blood sugars and confusing the hell out of myself.

Reactions: 4 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
" I can't put the pump away and click OK after a while, for risk of interrupting the delivery due to the "press any key to abort delivery" feature."

I love my Vibe pump!
Though it has happened me a couple of times clipping the pump back onto my trousers, or putting it into the spibelt that as I've pushed the pump on/in I've hit that button just next to the tubing. A button that I never have any use for apart from accidently buggering up my blood sugars and confusing the hell out of myself.

What is that button for?!

H

Hooked

What is that button for?!
I think it's for delivering insulin without looking at the pump, you press it so many times for the number of units. You have to turn that feature on in order to use it. (Needless to say, I don't have it turned on!) I suppose handy for those with visual impairment.

Reactions: 2 people

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
That button is a short cut to the normal bolus apparently

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I use that button to bolus quite often so like that feature. I would like a home button though!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes but it doesnt use the pump as a receiver - you need another receiver to use Dex with those pumps.

Below is me (a number of months ago) showing my CGM data on my pump with my BG meter for comparison. Vibe is the only one that does this.

Attachments

• IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    447.6 KB · Views: 412
D

Deleted member 83869

Yes but it doesnt use the pump as a receiver - you need another receiver to use Dex with those pumps.

Below is me (a number of months ago) showing my CGM data on my pump with my BG meter for comparison. Vibe is the only one that does this.

Oh okay cool...doesn't bother me anyway I don't have a CGM...I love my pump and have had no problems anyway :)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The pump only tells you IOB as you are about to bolus ( as far as I can see )

You can get IoB info by pressing the tactile dose button or whatever they call it that's on the top of the pump. This brings up the CGM screens, and "screen zero" has the IoB. Discovered this completely by accident.