What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast lean gammon medallion , poached egg mushrooms
Lunch out so bought pot of ham and veg soup. Bloke said there were spuds in it but seemed mainly carrot. Anyway after it and some dark choccie and a soya latte I was 6.6 at 1 and half hrs so I'll call it an occasional treat. Back down to 4.6 before dinner.
Dinner boiled ham, crustless quiche, middle out of small pork pie , cheese and salad. Not healthiest meal but rushing in and back out again to theatre.

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Snap! Except for the chicken.
I cooked (steamed) the broccoli first and put it in a casserole. I poured over it white sauce (milk thickened with butter & buckwheat instead of flour, s&p, sprinkle of paprika, blue cheese, chopped ham), laid a large thin-sliced tomato over the top, grated some cheddar on top and bunged it in the oven for half an hour. A few minutes before serving I steamed the broccoli. Approval from the wife, so a result.
Sounds better than mine. Normally I do a sauce with almond flour and butter but instead I used coconut oil as had run out of butter, it was way too runny! And I forgot to add a blob of Dijon, that really makes it for me. I'd like to try this buckwheat flour too, does it affect you levels much?
I too steam the veg first, pour over sauce and put under grill.
Hope this answers you question Brettsza

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nah, but I did place a huge online order a couple of weeks ago.
The kitchen counter looks like a confectionary wholesaler.
We have 2 boxes of 15 peanut bars
a mixed box of 12 choc 'indulge' bars
a box of 15 'black pepper' bars

They are the easiest thing to grab, and I just love the fact that they don't send my bg into orbit. :happy:
LOL

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I need to get some more 9 bars. haven't tried the indulge ones yet. I notice Tesco are doing the cocoa ones at 99p but I doubt there'll be any in my store.
Brunneria, do you find them o.k on step 1 of the miracle plan? I calculated I could only have half but maybe I'm wrong? I'm guessing you are going on the impact on your levels on this one? they don't affect me much either,i guess that's the main thing . thanks for putting me on to them-great find!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to get some more 9 bars. haven't tried the indulge ones yet. I notice Tesco are doing the cocoa ones at 99p but I doubt there'll be any in my store.
Brunneria, do you find them o.k on step 1 of the miracle plan? I calculated I could only have half but maybe I'm wrong? I'm guessing you are going on the impact on your levels on this one? they don't affect me much either,i guess that's the main thing . thanks for putting me on to them-great find!

I thought I was going to have to give them up on stage 1, but I decided to risk one - and found my BG only went up by approx 0.7mmol/l an hour after. 50g peanut 9bar.
The 30g Indulge bars send me up less than that. :happy:

Your mileage may vary!

So I have decided that rise is more than acceptible. And I am having them as snacks - but I am also turning into a (bit more of a) control freak, and will only eat them if I calc my BG will stay UNDER 7.0 mmol/l an hour later. 7 has become a magic number for me, during phase 1. I think I will wear black the day I next go above it! ;)

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
oh yes, I notice the indulge ones are less total grams! Right, off shopping now!

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

I'm going to have to try these. They sound really nice...I think I too will wear black the day I come out of ketosis...lol. I'm still in the dark purple on ketostix. I save the blood tester as strips are mega expensive...I'm drinking so much I slosh about! Loving this new fat burning body with no carby cravings..also I'm newly converted to brunnaria's bullet proof coffee....I first thought oh yuk on reading it...disgusting. well folks. Don't knock until you try it....I'm currently converting theatre staff to it. You literally can function for hours on it. Mind you its raising some eyebrows. Spreadin the word here! :)

Reactions: 5 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, I think I am a little bit obsessed with the coconut oil. Ran out of coffee this morning but just had to still have coconut oil, so had it in my green tea with lemon instead. It was surprisingly o.k!

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Breakfast. Bullet coffee
Lunch brie omlette and mushrooms with 3 cherry toms
Dinner is chicken hotpot slow cooked
Snacks none yet watching bloods due to new med. So maybe a few almonds if needed

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413464213.642385.jpg

Greek salad with feta cheese, grilled pork, halloumi cheese, mushroom and sheftalia ( a kind of Cypriot sausage)

Breakfast was a tomato & onion omelette

Reactions: 11 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast turkey rashers, scrambled egg
lunch teeny ham and cheese salad
dinner chicken stew , cauli mash, savoy cabbage and few peas- gave up half way through. My appetite has gone again.

alliebee

Its amazing how this way of eating seems to diminsh hunger...I too often give up halfway through a meal...amd here's me used to clear everything on my plate and go back for seconds

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its amazing how this way of eating seems to diminsh hunger...I too often give up halfway through a meal...amd here's me used to clear everything on my plate and go back for seconds

I could eat a man's portion and still go back for more. Now I often look at my not very full to start with plate and think , no way. I'll probably have some yogurt and few strawbs later if I feel hungry at bedtime.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Creamy coffee (had a bit of a shock when I tested 2 hours later, 7.6 :eek:, so retested, 5.6 :happy:, so I'm assuming it was a rogue reading!)
Eggnbacon for brunch
Indulge 9bar
Pulled pork and creamy cabbage

There will be berries&cream in an hour or two.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Cup of Tea
Quinoa with Cinnamon and Honey for breakfast
Coffee
Tea
Large Gammon Steak with fresh Pineapple and egg. 2 small slices of 7 seeded bread.
Rum and Raisin Yoghurt

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Green tea with lemon and coconut oil, almond porridge
L: Roast beef, beetroot, gherkin and olive salad
Snack: mini strawberry cheese cake sort of a thing (butter melted and mixed into a base with almond flour, strawberrys mixed with cream cheese and sweetener, all squished into a ramekin)
Tea: Roasted mediteranean veg with pork steak, cheese and yoghurt. Glass of red wine and strawberrys and cream.

On return from Tesco was most annoyed to find all 9bar indulge had gone and someone had hidden the ticket from view. Consoled myself with the cheesecake thing........

Status
Not open for further replies.