Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
it just said carbs so I assumed per bar.:oops:

Worry not!
The only reason I thought that was what had happened was that exactly the same thing happened to me with lactofree milk, except they were talking about a 250ml 'serving size' not the 100ml I was expecting. I was horrified. Lol

:bag:

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
I'll go first today!
B: creamy decaf coffee with coconut oil. Slice of Hi Lo toast with peanut butter.
L: chicken and beetroot salad. Small piece of 85% dark choc

Tea will be.......
Broccoli and cauliflour cheese with chicken thigh.
Probably low carb hot choc for supper. And can't resist a gherkin!

Will be stirring cheese sauce with left arm as my other is very sore from blood test today:mad:

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Hi,
Newbie here!
Finding it very hard to hit the low carbs I am trying for (Under 50) Calories are no problem, My fitness pal has told me to up them as I am only consuming about 1200 cals and they recommend 1800 to lose the weight (I need to shed 3 stone).
I have just had lunch and its already 42 carbs, I had for breakfast: 2 small slices of Bergun and 2 poached eggs
Dinner: Homemade Butternut squash soup and 2 roasted drumsticks.

You will tell me to cut the bread but I was getting tired of egg, bacon, mushrooms and eggs, this diabetes is a *****:mad:

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I found it really hard to stop my 2 rounds of Bergen toast in morning but had to as sent me higher than I would have liked. I like having a bullet coffee now (I do it with cream and coconut oil instread of butter). Try livlife or hi lo bread for toast instead, it's lower carbs than Bergen. If you struggling to keep calories up, use plenty of fats/oils. esp olive, coconut and butter/cream etc.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
and welcome by the way! I found this thread most useful and wish I'd found it in the early days as I didn't have a clue how to translate low carb eating into actual practical meal ideas

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whoop. I tried the coconut oil coffee. Its now 2 pm and not hungry at all!! Whizzed through my jobs. Wow...
ah the wonders of coconut oil eh!

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Thanks for the Welcome Tweetypie. Oil in coffee:***: I will try the HiLo loaf but meanwhile am just baking a Flaxseed and Ground almond loaf recipe, I have high hopes but the ingredients are very expensive?

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is fat / bullet coffee? I'm intrigued?

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the Welcome Tweetypie. Oil in coffee:***: I will try the HiLo loaf but meanwhile am just baking a Flaxseed and Ground almond loaf recipe, I have high hopes but the ingredients are very expensive?
Sounds lovely-you can get ground flax and almonds fairly cheap in Aldi. The oil in coffee tastes nicer than it sounds, honest! Especially if you use cream instead of butter.....I also use it in low carb hot chocolate. The Liv life is even lower carb than Hi Lo, but waitrose stopped doing it, you can get Hi Lo in sainsburys x

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What is fat / bullet coffee? I'm intrigued?
Fat/bullet proof coffee:
coffee with butter and coconut oil, whisk it up to make it frothy! I like mine with cream instead of butter, and I only have decaf coffee x

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
The Liv life is even lower carb than Hi Lo, but waitrose stopped doing it, you can get Hi Lo in sainsburys x[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago I tried finding livlife in my local waitrose but couldn't find it, managed to get it online though with delivery from Ocado/ waitrose

Not posted few days as really been struggling to keep BG down, my morning is always around 10, I'm fluctuating between 6-12 most days, yet food is still the same as before pretty much, even been exercising in gym at lunchtime, as per my previous posts I'm hoping it's the weather and stress, anyways:-
B 3 streaky bacon
L pork nam tok
D pickled mustard soup and pork pieces
Snack some mixed nuts

Going to try the egg & butter combo in the morning:)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
The Liv life is even lower carb than Hi Lo, but waitrose stopped doing it, you can get Hi Lo in sainsburys x

A few weeks ago I tried finding livlife in my local waitrose but couldn't find it, managed to get it online though with delivery from Ocado/ waitrose

Not posted few days as really been struggling to keep BG down, my morning is always around 10, I'm fluctuating between 6-12 most days, yet food is still the same as before pretty much, even been exercising in gym at lunchtime, as per my previous posts I'm hoping it's the weather and stress, anyways:-
B 3 streaky bacon
L pork nam tok
D pickled mustard soup and pork pieces
Snack some mixed nuts

Going to try the egg & butter combo in the morning:)[/QUOTE]

How strange just tested before dinner and I'm on 3.8, yet don't feel any different!!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll go first today!
Tea will be.......
Broccoli and cauliflour cheese with chicken thigh.
Snap! Except for the chicken.
I cooked (steamed) the broccoli first and put it in a casserole. I poured over it white sauce (milk thickened with butter & buckwheat instead of flour, s&p, sprinkle of paprika, blue cheese, chopped ham), laid a large thin-sliced tomato over the top, grated some cheddar on top and bunged it in the oven for half an hour. A few minutes before serving I steamed the broccoli. Approval from the wife, so a result.

Reactions: 4 people

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B egg scrambled in butter
L cold 97%meat sausage with homemade coleslaw and 2 baby tomato, 1/2 poppadum buttered with cheese
D pork shoulder chop, braised at lo temperature with thin slices of apple onion chicken stock and wine, sliver of emmenthal cheese
late snack - teaspoon of almond butter
coffee with cream x 5

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin' All

Coffee with cream for breakfast and elevenses, the second one with a 9bar
kale crisps and Brie for lunch
another 9bar at 5pm, because I realised how little I had eaten at lunch (less than usual in terms of fat and calories) and needed to walk home from work, and then walk The Hound.
Roast chicken (with skin), asparagas and broccoli for dinner, followed by berries, cream and 1 square 70% choc.

I thik the light lunch is coming back to haunt me now, because I am feeling... restless and speculating on snacks.

Will have a cup of bovril, and prospect in the fridge...

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin' All

Coffee with cream for breakfast and elevenses, the second one with a 9bar
kale crisps and Brie for lunch
another 9bar at 5pm, because I realised how little I had eaten at lunch (less than usual in terms of fat and calories) and needed to walk home from work, and then walk The Hound.
Roast chicken (with skin), asparagas and broccoli for dinner, followed by berries, cream and 1 square 70% choc.

I thik the light lunch is coming back to haunt me now, because I am feeling... restless and speculating on snacks.

Will have a cup of bovril, and prospect in the fridge...
Do you work for 9bar? :p

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you work for 9bar? :p

Nah, but I did place a huge online order a couple of weeks ago.
The kitchen counter looks like a confectionary wholesaler.
We have 2 boxes of 15 peanut bars
a mixed box of 12 choc 'indulge' bars
a box of 15 'black pepper' bars

They are the easiest thing to grab, and I just love the fact that they don't send my bg into orbit. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.