New Flash Glucose Monitoring from Abbott - Bloodless Testing

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
The site has crashed :( they manage to build this wonderful new bit of technology but not a website

Reactions: 6 people

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
:bigtears::banghead::arghh::bigtears::banghead::arghh:

I am chomping at the bit to get one of these and I can't add it to my basket because the site has crashed!!!!!!!!!!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Do u have an account already ? Sign in first then try it

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just ordered mine, looking forward to getting a better understanding of my levels though out the day. should be very intersting! Just hope the sensor will last the full 14 days on my arm. I am off to thailand for hoilday in 2 weeks so the 2nd sensor will be used on hoilday thow it in at the deep end and see how it works out, will keep you updated with progress.
Abbott Freestyle Libre users is facebook page just ask to join. they say on there that they belive the price on the website includes vat and you will get a form with product to clain vat back, i hope so?

Reactions: 2 people
H

Hooked

Crikey, the process are steep compared to previously quoted ones; or is that with VAT added?

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Below is copy of my order that shows 20% vat added so i will need to claim this back by looks of this. gro hmrc as i ticked the box saying i was due vat relief so the price on the website are 20% more then we will actually pay.
1 xStarter Pack
SPFSLUK£ 133.29

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Shipping£ 9.00
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Tax: 20 %£ 28.46

Total £ 170.75
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Order date16.10.2014

Reactions: 2 people

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I make it the sensors are costing us after vat relief £48.30 plus delivery unless you take thier subcription option then you get free delivery.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I make it the sensors are costing us after vat relief £48.30 plus delivery unless you take thier subcription option then you get free delivery.

What do you mean the subscription option?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just had a look at the website - seems a good bit of kit but, as you need to replace the sensors once a fortnight, am I correct in thinking that, after the initial outlay, it will cost approx £120.00 per month ie £1,400.00 pa to use?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just had a look at the website - seems a good bit of kit but, as you need to replace the sensors once a fortnight, am I correct in thinking that, after the initial outlay, it will cost approx £120.00 per month ie £1,400.00 pa to use?

Roughly yes, but we don't pay VAT so it's actually £1120 a year