Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you make your low carb to chocolate @Brunneria ? Sometimes I could kill for one.

while kettle is boiling
put 1 teasp of cocoa powder (the real stuff, not hot choc powder, which is sweetened) into a mug,
with approx equal quantity of xylitol/erythriol/sweetener of choice.

When kettle boils, add a dash of hot water to the powder and mix to a smooth paste.
Fill cup with hot water.
Stir
Add cream to taste.

Enjoy.

All quantities are, of course, variable!

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds doable. I might even try half milk and half water ( lactofree) as I'm not a cream fan but would like the smoothness that dairy gives. Pity I'm too comfy in bed to try one now. Thanks c

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds doable. I might even try half milk and half water ( lactofree) as I'm not a cream fan but would like the smoothness that dairy gives. Pity I'm too comfy in bed to try one now. Thanks c

It is also absolutely divine with coconut cream, powdered coconut (Brand: Maggi, from Tescos), and/or peppermint essential oil.
And I suppose orange zest would be good too, but never tried that one.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is also absolutely divine with coconut cream, powdered coconut (Brand: Maggi, from Tescos), and/or peppermint essential oil.
And I suppose orange zest would be good too, but never tried that one.

And for some reason I have a huge box of that coconut powder... Mmmmm.

Reactions: 2 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
You could also make a chocobullet de luxe - cocoa powder, hot water, butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter and a touch of vanilla powder (non sweetened) mix well, will probably have some in these cold autumn evenings.

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could also make a chocobullet de luxe - cocoa powder, hot water, butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter and a touch of vanilla powder (non sweetened) mix well, will probably have some in these cold autumn evenings.

OMG
Reading that post was better than watching Daniel Craig walk up the beach in those blue swimming shorts.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I'd be sick if I ate that.I can't do butter so my high fat concession has been cheese- not sure cocoa and mature cheddar go together.
@Brunneria it's a good job we are all different. DC in those briefs turns my stomach more than a buttery hot chocolate ;-)

alliebee

Breakfast mushroom omlette
Lunch brie cheese and some cucumber slices
Supper is cooking
Lamb steak with brussel tops and sweet potato chips just a very few

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast / lunch had fku jab so had brunch at local cafe. Full monty breakfast of sausages,black pudding egg, bacon, mushrooms, hash brown and fried bread. Swapped the latter two with mr ethyl for his black pudding.
Dinner homemade ham broth with extra diced ham.

alliebee

Oh dear sweet potatoes are off the menu. 8.9 just one hour after. Hoped the fact I was frying them might help. Hey ho

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear sweet potatoes are off the menu. 8.9 just one hour after. Hoped the fact I was frying them might help. Hey ho

I'm afraid sweet potatoes do the same to me.
Other people use them as a standard potato replacement, without a problem.
Life isn't fair.

However, I have had another good food day:

Coffee with cream, and taramasalata with kale crisps. This is a new discovery/combo, and is up there with the best. Besides, anything that gets me eating a large portion of leafy green for brekkie has to be good.

Crustless quiche and poke scratchings for lunch

Dinner will be chicken thighs, with masses of green veg, and baked peppers stuffed with Philly.

alliebee

Ooh that sounds nice. What are Kale chips?
Sweet potatoes sent me up to 9.8. Before starting to drop. If I come out of ketosis I'm going to sulk!
Couldn't cope with the carb cravings

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh that sounds nice. What are Kale chips?
Sweet potatoes sent me up to 9.8. Before starting to drop. If I come out of ketosis I'm going to sulk!
Couldn't cope with the carb cravings

Kale chips are yum.

I'm going to make a batch this evening, using parmesan, cheddar and a bit of onion to flavour.

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria tesco have the pack of 4 peanut 9 bar half price - 99p. it only seems to be the peanut ones and ends on 21 October. I hope they have some left when I go on Monday

K

Kat100

Thanks - however many they have left, it wont be enough! :D:D:D
I have been in there ....:p:p:p:p

Edited to say ...yum they are nice ...I found out about them a few weeks ago ....they really help me , I love to take with me on my walks ....

Status
Not open for further replies.