Diabetic Craft Club

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow how awsome you all are ..my craft work is none. The wife is an artist with her degree hons in fine art .. She uses a camera now rather than painting .. Also is founder and editor of the free to view garden tripod magazine. If any of you want to make an online catalog of your craft works, I am sure she could help.

Reactions: 6 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I do dolls house miniatures and have done for 26 years. Dress 1/2th scale porcelain dolls and also give workshops how to's. black gown.jpg Mess Dress.jpg recliningjpg.jpg Shopping.jpg my avitar is also one of my miniature vignettes.

Reactions: 12 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I do dolls house miniatures and have done for 26 years. Dress 1/2th scale porcelain dolls and also give workshops how to's.View attachment 6889 View attachment 6890 View attachment 6891 View attachment 6892 my avitar is also one of my miniature vignettes.

My hubby is out at a model boating club meeting this morning/afternoon.due home soon for lunch then I am going down to a local Wednesday afternoon craft club in my village Tonight it is a dolls house club at Hindley, Nr. Wigan/Leigh. Actually been sorting out my craft supplies this morning.

Reactions: 3 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
My hubby is out at a model boating club meeting this morning/afternoon.due home soon for lunch then I am going down to a local Wednesday afternoon craft club in my village Tonight it is a dolls house club at Hindley, Nr. Wigan/Leigh. Actually been sorting out my craft supplies this morning.
If I am honest, I have lost a lot of interest in my hobby at the moment, I wonder if it is diabetes trying to win out? I do have a big event in Holland in Oct and have to somehow get back into making.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes can take over your life. I didn't focus on anything else for about two months after my initial diagnosis!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I am honest, I have lost a lot of interest in my hobby at the moment, I wonder if it is diabetes trying to win out? I do have a big event in Holland in Oct and have to somehow get back into making.
looks as if your to good to let diabetes win over you.
A wee break wont do any harm.
Best of luck with your event in Holland.
I prefer the model boating, brings great memories from Murdieston Dam in Greenock about 55 years ago, ( just looked at Google and they still enjoy their boats ):):):)

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
looks as if your to good to let diabetes win over you.
A wee break wont do any harm.
Best of luck with your event in Holland.
I prefer the model boating, brings great memories from Murdieston Dam in Greenock about 55 years ago, ( just looked at Google and they still enjoy their boats ):):):)
Perhaps you would prefer my husbands page.. www.john-dowd.co.uk
Diabetes can take over your life. I didn't focus on anything else for about two months after my initial diagnosis!
Now after my diagnosis, I was shocked but got into doing something, losing weight etc straight away. It only appears to be hitting me now, I don't test, was never offered the opportunity, just diet and 1 metformin, but at 74 I expect to have a few off days...LOL.

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps you would prefer my husbands page.. www.john-dowd.co.uk

Now after my diagnosis, I was shocked but got into doing something, losing weight etc straight away. It only appears to be hitting me now, I don't test, was never offered the opportunity, just diet and 1 metformin, but at 74 I expect to have a few off days...LOL.
My sons also love your husbands page, just great.:)

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
My sons also love your husbands page, just great.:)

Thank you, he won an award last weekend with the Bluenose schooner as best on stand.... its 24 years old.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
That's lovely Debs. xx

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Autumn stuff.
GAR - WIN_20140909_112848.JPG GAR - WIN_20140909_112657.JPG GAR - WIN_20140909_113111.JPG

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been busy making Christmas stockings! Early I know but I need word to spread!!

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1410793491.143977.jpg

I'm exhausted!!! But really enjoy it all

D x

Reactions: 4 people

ck18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
These stockings are really pretty. I've made several cross stitch ones for family members over the last few years & my mother in law makes the felt applique ones.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These stockings are really pretty. I've made several cross stitch ones for family members over the last few years & my mother in law makes the felt applique ones.

I could make these forever and never get bored!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just knocked this one out too for my daughter's friend who is Frozen mad....

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1410812675.650926.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
14985_796630983734744_8386299118899496287_n.jpg
pink chal.png
:rolleyes:
Has anyone been crafting lately, I made this for a pink (not my favourite colour). challenge. You was sent a picture and you had to interpret it as best you could.

Reactions: 9 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, but we made £300 on our craft stall at the village fair (outside on a drizzly day), and £144 yesterday in a tiny craft fair in the local church which was poorly advertised and so had a tiny footfall. A total of £444 isn't bad since the ladies in the village who made things gave their time and resources free of charge.

I've begun making wine glass charms and Christmas cards for our stall at the advent fair in the village. That is normally very well attended so hopefully we'll do well. All the proceeds we make are going towards building a village community centre, but it's been a great way for me to get to know people in the village.

Reactions: 3 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No, but we made £300 on our craft stall at the village fair (outside on a drizzly day), and £144 yesterday in a tiny craft fair in the local church which was poorly advertised and so had a tiny footfall. A total of £444 isn't bad since the ladies in the village who made things gave their time and resources free of charge.

I've begun making wine glass charms and Christmas cards for our stall at the advent fair in the village. That is normally very well attended so hopefully we'll do well. All the proceeds we make are going towards building a village community centre, but it's been a great way for me to get to know people in the village.
That's great Rosie.x

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
10615564_10205041383899396_7273037944738432588_n.jpg
Little critters.png
I bought some wool and a crochet hook on holiday because I was having withdrawal symptoms from beading. Now bearing in mind all I ever made before was Granny squares. Please meet Fido, and my little critters.

Reactions: 12 people