Have you been told not to test your blood sugars?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Ha! Its just more Government spin if you ask me. On the one hand we are told that we are being empowered to control our health, and on the other that we arent intelligent enough to interpret blood sugar readings!
Exactly!

Reactions: 5 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Which is wrong.
I think it's wrong that people have to pay for prescriptions if they have several items which they have to pay for every month as it can cost an absolute fortune. They should not go by a person's income but by the whole household income.
If you are going to do that then tax needs to be on the household as well. The whole tax system is wrong and just legalised theft - bet you didn't realise I was a member of the fantastic four - flame on!

Surely "free at the point of use" means the drugs as well not just the drugs you get in hospital! If they stopped wasting so much money they could fund it all.

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
If you are going to do that then tax needs to be on the household as well. The whole tax system is wrong and just legalised theft - bet you didn't realise I was a member of the fantastic four - flame on!

Surely "free at the point of use" means the drugs as well not just the drugs you get in hospital! If they stopped wasting so much money they could fund it all.
fine by me. When we win the revolution......:hilarious:

Reactions: 3 people

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Which is wrong.
I think it's wrong that people have to pay for prescriptions if they have several items which they have to pay for every month as it can cost an absolute fortune. They should not go by a person's income but by the whole household income.
We don't pay for prescription in Scotland. They don't prescribe strips for unmedicated patients though:(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What pees me off isn't so much the non prescribing of strips but the lies that go with it. I can understand that budgets are tight ( but surely a nationalised strip making factory would reduce cost if profit was removed from equation?) but would far rather my GP and other HCPs just said that testing is needed and recommended the Codefree. Ok so not everyone wants to test and there will be those who can't afford it, but at least they'd be maintaining my faith in their capacity to treat illness. As it is , I now take much of what they say with very large pinch of salt.

Reactions: 8 people