40mmol/mol!!!

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so happy atm as my last Hba1c came in at 40mmol/mol! This is with me on Humalin m3 @ 4iu morning and 6iu evening. My consultant would like me to reduce my insulin to 3iu morning and 5iu evening; then prepare to go onto the Basal-Bolus regime.

So, over the course of 1.5yrs my Hba1c went from 58 at diagnosis, to 45, and now 40!

I know this sound like me rubbing it in to a lot of you but my non-diabetic friends just don't get it and how happy I am because of it. I must admit after a received that result I went and had a nice chinky. Yup, tis bad but one night of 'sin' was needed. Even then my post-prand value was only 11mmol.

See folks, it can be done :)

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am so happy atm as my last Hba1c came in at 40mmol/mol! This is with me on Humalin m3 @ 4iu morning and 6iu evening. My consultant would like me to reduce my insulin to 3iu morning and 5iu evening; then prepare to go onto the Basal-Bolus regime.

So, over the course of 1.5yrs my Hba1c went from 58 at diagnosis, to 45, and now 40!

I know this sound like me rubbing it in to a lot of you but my non-diabetic friends just don't get it and how happy I am because of it. I must admit after a received that result I went and had a nice chinky. Yup, tis bad but one night of 'sin' was needed. Even then my post-prand value was only 11mmol.

See folks, it can be done :)
Well done to you and keep it up.

We are here to share in the joy of doing well not just in trying to help people cope when struggling.

It is important that successes are highlighted and celebrated as they encourage and give hope to others as well.

Well done!

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That's great going.
Every success story is one more of us beating diabetes, and showing it can be done.

Reactions: 2 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done to you and keep it up.

We are here to share in the joy of doing well not just in trying to help people cope when struggling.

It is important that successes are highlighted and celebrated as they encourage and give hope to others as well.

Well done!

Pavlos
Hear, hear, Pavlos, and WELL DONE Dazza

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's a great reduction Dazza, well done sir :)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done. You will find the Basal/Bolus regime gives you even more control and flexibility not that your control is bad anyway