A little of what you fancy

Emma_P23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On a more positive note, I treat myself to milkybar buttons once in a blue moon :) nothing better than a little treat here and there. Makes living with diabetes a little more easy to deal with :)

Reactions: 10 people
C

catherinecherub

No it's not Emma because if it carries on in this manner then some posts will be deleted.
Us and them mentality seems to be creeping in. as does derailing the thread.
Back on track please.
A little of what you fancy is the title of the thread in case anyone has forgotten.
Apparently this is going to be used to nit pick at type 1 diabetics? This thread is to say what people enjoy, not advertising to people what they can and can't eat :-S

Reactions: 8 people
K

Kat100

I love a toasted tea cake at Easter and Christmas ....with no,added sugar jam usually St dalflour ....it is a nice treat ....:)

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

No it's not Emma because if it carries on in this manner then some posts will be deleted.
Us and them mentality seems to be creeping in. as does derailing the thread.
Back on track please.
A little of what you fancy is the title of the thread in case anyone has forgotten.

No "them and us" intended. Was just suggesting that people were clearer in their posts for the good of new members' health :)

Reactions: 4 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It shouldn't be about T1's and T2's at all but to post on a diabetic forum how "you can't beat a proper Scotch pie" etc is perhaps not the best advice to give. Would you expect to visit a forum for alcoholics discussing their favourite whisky ? Seems a bit odd to me.

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As a T 2 on insulin. Tonight I have just blown the carb budget with fish and chips from the chippy. Not done often but thoroughly enjoyed. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It shouldn't be about T1's and T2's at all but to post on a diabetic forum how "you can't beat a proper Scotch pie" etc is perhaps not the best advice to give. Would you expect to visit a forum for alcoholics discussing their favourite whisky ? Seems a bit odd to me.
Ok. You can't beat fish and chips. A light hearted thread and should be taken as such

A

AnnieC

Yes please do not use this thread to start an argument again . The question was not about whether people are T1 or T2 I just asked if anyone allowed theirself a treat sometimes something they had enjoyed before they were diabetic I certainly do not think that having a Scotch pie and crisps is going to give newbies the idea that it is what they should eat as the thread is about occasional treats not our every day food

Reactions: 11 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can't beat a proper butchers shop Scotch Pie izzi, our local butcher makes all his own pies and they are extremely good.

I don't remember petrol being that cheap, you must be considerably older than me ;)
Well @noblehead you have got me there. I always assumed you were older and wiser than me.
I will never learn "never assume"
Back to "A little of what you fancy" Scottish ice cream made by Italians" (hope I do not get into trouble now)
Thanks @AnnieC for a nice post.

Reactions: 6 people
A

AnnieC

Well it is interesting to see just what we treat ourselves to sometimes we all seem to like different things.. I must say though that whatever we do treat ourselves to it does taste all the better than when we could eat it freely

K

Kat100

Well it is interesting to see just what we treat ourselves to sometimes we all seem to like different things.. I must say though that whatever we do treat ourselves to it does taste all the better than when we could eat it freely
Loving this thread @AnnieC

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never really had a sweet tooth before I got diagnosed but I sometime crave sweet things now. I think it's mental thing like having "forbidden fruit" as it were. I'm having a bit of a cough candy sweet craving as I write this :)
But I have been known to once or twice a year indulge in a small glass of Baileys mmmmm.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i like to treat myself to vegetables, fresh and crispy, i treat myself to delicious fatty meat, chunks of cheddar cheese, salads including pickles and olives topped with several grated cheeses and cold meats, cauliflower mash instead of yucky potatoes, i treat myself to yummy cakes like the ones on ewelinas blog www.diabeticgoodbaking.com, fried breakfasts including eggs bacon sausage mushrooms (obviously avoiding the bread)

theres more but i dont want to sound too greedy

the best thing about these treats are they dont push up my blood glucose at all! how cool is that :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i like to treat myself to vegetables, fresh and crispy, i treat myself to delicious fatty meat, chunks of cheddar cheese, salads including pickles and olives topped with several grated cheeses and cold meats, cauliflower mash instead of yucky potatoes, i treat myself to yummy cakes like the ones on ewelinas blog www.diabeticgoodbaking.com, fried breakfasts including eggs bacon sausage mushrooms (obviously avoiding the bread)

the best thing about these treats are they dont push up my blood glucose at all! how cool is that :)

You also treat yourself to SF jelly!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank goodness for Metformin :)

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
this is an awesome thread! i get to talk about the things i treat myself with and talk about the best diet for diabetics

(sorry i can't spell necessetate but you got the message)

Edited by Moderator as quote from another poster was not verbatim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I never really had a sweet tooth before I got diagnosed but I sometime crave sweet things now. I think it's mental thing like having "forbidden fruit" as it were. I'm having a bit of a cough candy sweet craving as I write this :)
But I have been known to once or twice a year indulge in a small glass of Baileys mmmmm.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Baileys and Ice :D I remember that rather indulgent tipple, yep I have to agree with you there mmmmm.

RRB :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
natural greek full fat yogurt topped with berries and or nuts!! yummyyyyyyy i never had that before diagnosis, i always had weetabix :dead:

no wonder im diabetic huh

Reactions: 6 people