A little of what you fancy

Janiept

Expert
Oh no this thread should be banned :hungry:. People all over the country sitting drooling and creating puddles.
Mine has grown to epic proportions and a mop is called for.
A pile of the best chips you have ever eaten in your life from the chippie in Appledore in between two doorsteps of white bread covered in thick butter and followed by an entire lardy cake from the local bakers.
I have never eaten a meal like that in my life but this thread is making me crave it. Thank goodness I don't drive or I might be out buying these goodies. ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
nahhhh, not for me....a huge bg spike stops me from enjoying something like that, which i suppose is a good thing as it keeps me from treating myself with anything unhealthy and keeps me enjoying low carb treats like these....

cup%2Bcakes%2Bhaloween%2B635%2Bnapis%2B111.jpg

9g of carbs each though so only an occasional treat :)

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no this thread should be banned :hungry:. People all over the country sitting drooling and creating puddles.
Mine has grown to epic proportions and a mop is called for.
A pile of the best chips you have ever eaten in your life from the chippie in Appledore in between two doorsteps of white bread covered in thick butter and followed by an entire lardy cake from the local bakers.
I have never eaten a meal like that in my life but this thread is making me crave it. Thank goodness I don't drive or I might be out buying these goodies. ;)

Oh yeh ......celeriac chips, they're amazing. That's too much now.... I do drive....going shopping right now. :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
nahhhh, not for me....a huge bg spike stops me from enjoying something like that, which i suppose is a good thing as it keeps me from treating myself with anything unhealthy and keeps me enjoying low carb treats like these....

cup%2Bcakes%2Bhaloween%2B635%2Bnapis%2B111.jpg

9g of carbs each though so only an occasional treat :)

If my teenager saw these, she would love them, I'm sure of that :) :hungry:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Bourbon creams dipped in a cup of strong black tea!!!!

C

catherinecherub

The thread is about something you ate prior to getting diagnosed with diabetes and as much as all these low carb treats are great for people now, the OP is asking if you occasionally have a treat that you enjoyed before.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/a-little-of-what-you-fancy.67300/

Do you ever let yourself indulge in something you really enjoyed before diabetes but have now given up. I do sometimes give myself a naughty treat but it is not very often anything sweet.... never did have much of a sweet tooth. Last week though it was something sweet in the form of caramel and sesame seed coated peanuts they were so yummy and I did have to be very firm with myself and not eat the whole bag I don't find eating something like that makes me want more though.
Some people say they crave starchy carbs but I did not eat very much of those anyway well not bread pasta or rice but I do miss a jacket potato as I did eat a lot of those so I will have one of those occasionally

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
The thread is about something you ate prior to getting diagnosed with diabetes and as much as all these low carb treats are great for people now, the OP is asking something you enjoyed before.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/a-little-of-what-you-fancy.67300/

Do you ever let yourself indulge in something you really enjoyed before diabetes but have now given up. I do sometimes give myself a naughty treat but it is not very often anything sweet.... never did have much of a sweet tooth. Last week though it was something sweet in the form of caramel and sesame seed coated peanuts they were so yummy and I did have to be very firm with myself and not eat the whole bag I don't find eating something like that makes me want more though.
Some people say they crave starchy carbs but I did not eat very much of those anyway well not bread pasta or rice but I do miss a jacket potato as I did eat a lot of those so I will have one of those occasionally

i do appologise catherine, when the moderator mentioned that newly diagnosed may be reading this, i thought i would temper all the unhealthy foods with some delicious low carb alternatives, i didnt mean to offend anyone....

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I miss jacket spuds. Everything else I can substitute but not them. I haven't indulged yet but one day I will. Maybe I'll find that half a one is ok and more than enough. I've found chips are no way as delicious as I once thought. I can manage about 5 skin on wedges or 8 fried ones ok provided I peddle for about 15 minutes afterwards. Learning that rewards come at a price has been the one good thing to come out of diagnosis. Sometimes I'm willing to pay that price, be it a slightly higher BS than I like ( over 6.5) or more exercise. I've also found that what constitutes a little of what I fancy has changed so that I can actually have things I like more often, like dark chocolate or a small portion of almond flour topped crumble or a big crunchy homemade coleslaw.

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:eek::arghh:o_O. Good. Back to torture.......I miss homemade rice pudding,
Home made rice pudding! Gosh hadn't though of that for ages. My mum made it for me whenever I got sick when I was little, it was the only thing I'd eat.
Has to have a good old skin on the top, made with proper full fat milk!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

.I remember the thread or posts on Walnut Whips a little while back as I used to treat myself with this confectionery, especially the coffee flavour 15 years before being diagnosed with type 1, It was when I started my first job at 16 with the GPO and a tiny amount of my wages went on the yummy Walnut whip from Nicolson's sweet shop/newsagents on my way to work. I felt so :cool:

RRB :)
A walnut whip ...now you have done it I used to love those , maybe christmas day treat ......:***:
Nice to reminisce .....and have a treat occasionally ....

Reactions: 4 people