Tomorrows the day

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll admit it took me a few days to get used to unclipping. I was being too gentle at first!

Yes I think I was also being too gentle.

I was also extremely careful in the shower trying to keep my site as dry as possible but I don't think I needed to worry about that.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I think I was also being too gentle.

I was also extremely careful in the shower trying to keep my site as dry as possible but I don't think I needed to worry about that.

No you don't, it can be taken swimming etc. just takes a little while to get confident with it

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No you don't, it can be taken swimming etc. just takes a little while to get confident with it
Yes my wee boy loves swimming but that'll be a few weeks off before I start trying that.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It does keep pumping, but minute amounts - unless you're on a really really high basal rate. Try it ... unclip it and sit and watch. You'll see the amount that comes out is negligible.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I always find that after I disconnect for a shower, for some reason the insulin (even though pump is not turned off) returns back down the tubing, 5-20mm. I always have to re-prime before reconnecting ;-)

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It does keep pumping, but minute amounts - unless you're on a really really high basal rate. Try it ... unclip it and sit and watch. You'll see the amount that comes out is negligible.

I'll maybe try that the next time.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I always find that after I disconnect for a shower, for some reason the insulin (even though pump is not turned off) returns back down the tubing, 5-20mm. I always have to re-prime before reconnecting ;-)

That's really odd!

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That's really odd!

I just thought I had a small bubble, was actually just a mark on the tubing :banghead:

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah the Mio tubing gets a lot of those. The actually bubbles are less noticeable than those marks lol

Good to know, I did have a few bubbles when filling the saline but thought I'd got rid of them. At least it was just a mark.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
To distinguish between bubbles and marks, roll the tubing between your fingers. If it's a bubble it'll appear consistent and not change appearance when you roll the tubing. If it's a mark it will generally not be uniform all the way round, so will change appearance as you roll the tubing.

I always put my pump on a high shelf, or hang on some clothing on the door, then the bit that attaches to me is lower... gravity should stop the liquid from going back up the tube.

iHs

I wonder if this is to do with how cartridges are filled? Do you inject air downwards snd then turn vial upwards or do you inject air upwards into the vial and then withdraw insulin?