FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too go to the gym daily, cycle to work and back, shower twice a day and ive had a steam and a jacuzzi..... my sensor stayed on without tape. At the end of 14 days..... i had to really pull it off.

Mine did come off, twice and from two different batches. Abbott insisted on the phone that they shouldn't do this. I don't know how to say this nicely but some people sweat, other people SWEAT. I'm a SWEATER, and I'm 100% this is what lifted the sensor because when I stopped and dried off the sensor would re-stick with the same strength as when I initially attached it. I guess I created a barrier between my skin and the sticky stuff.

I ordered and used some Opsite Flexigrid and this stuff is great, I'll probably cut a hole in the middle of a self cut rectangle next time as I've simply stretched it over the top for now, but I had no problems whatsoever with the sensor dislodging my last gym trip and the Flexgrid stuff blends in and is almost invisible/un-feelable.

norm1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
GO GO GO!

I just placed my order :)
Hi everyone - have just joined the site & wanted to highlight my use of Abbott's new sensor, the Freestyle Libre, over the last month. So far it's been a really great accessory to glucose control & monitoring & very simple to use!! It's terrific if you're on the go & glucose monitoring is like checking your phone! It reduces the frequency of daily blood testing.
I've had type 1 for 43 years+. x

Reactions: 5 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone - have just joined the site & wanted to highlight my use of Abbott's new sensor, the Freestyle Libre, over the last month. So far it's been a really great accessory to glucose control & monitoring & very simple to use!! It's terrific if you're on the go & glucose monitoring is like checking your phone! It reduces the frequency of daily blood testing.
Hi norm and welcome to the forum. I will have done 43 years in February.
I'm sure you remember the clinitest chemistry set :eek: a far cry from the Libre ;)

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg

Day 2 low carb, well happy with my results (scans approx 0.5mmol down)

Reactions: 5 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, welcome. Glad u r having a great experience :) I love mine. Still testing with blood a lot too though as I've only notched up 6 months as T1, so it's a great learning tool too :)

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, back to cheering rather than booing. I love my Libre too. I've stopped fingersticking except for when an absolute number really counts, which it doesn't while I have quarter-decent control, because I still only inject basal, and minute amounts of it. I love my Libre EVEN THOUGH the differential from Libre fingersticks went like this this week:

Sat 15th, differential 1.6
Sun 16th, 1.3
Mon 17th, 0.7 then 1.0
Tues 18th 1.1
Wed 19th 0.5
Thurs 20th, 0.4
Fri 21st, 0.2

This three days before a new sensor. So near - and yet so far ... EXASPERATED

Reactions: 3 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, back to cheering rather than booing. I love my Libre too. I've stopped fingersticking except for when an absolute number really counts, which it doesn't while I have quarter-decent control, because I still only inject basal, and minute amounts of it. I love my Libre EVEN THOUGH the differential from Libre fingersticks went like this this week:

Sat 15th, differential 1.6
Sun 16th, 1.3
Mon 17th, 0.7 then 1.0
Tues 18th 1.1
Wed 19th 0.5
Thurs 20th, 0.4
Fri 21st, 0.2

This three days before a new sensor. So near - and yet so far ... EXASPERATED
I hate it when a sensor has finally settled and I have to change it

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Makes my fight with my BS today look positively bad... Come on Novorapid. Kick in.
1123706f02dcc2f9539d0e5e659b0fe8.jpg
I get quite insulin-resistant after a hypo like that. I don't know the science behind it but sure it involves glycogen.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I get quite insulin-resistant after a hypo like that. I don't know the science behind it but sure it involves glycogen.
That's what I suspect too. As far as I am aware, diabetics don't suffer from lack of Glucagon so it's very possible. Damnably annoying it is though.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Are they taking orders from new customers again, or is yours a repeat order, Norm?

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's what I suspect too. As far as I am aware, diabetics don't suffer from lack of Glucagon so it's very possible. Damnably annoying it is though.
Unfortunately they do. Glycogen release is stunted as the process is triggered via the beta cells.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I'd prefer Malteser induced high to stupid Lantus low/high... At least I'd have meant it!
It wasn't the Malteasers that time actually, that was once. To be fair even without malteasers my sugars have been all over the place even when I'm trying really hard. All I had with the 15+ was a sandwich and my regular ratio of insulin

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Unfortunately they do. Glycogen release is stunted as the process is triggered via the beta cells.
Glucagon secretion (which stimulates the liver to release glycogen) is produced by the alpha cells of the pancreas.
At present, there is very little known about the factors which directly regulate α-cell secretion.