FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I had one of those. We haven't got it so bad today, have we?
And then blood tests :) but still no decimal point accuracy
photo copy.JPG

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first blood test meter took 3 mins to give a reading. Drop blood on strip,wait 1min,blot strip and put in reader,wait 2 mins. Messy and unreliable.
Don't think I got a meter until the late 90s. It read those BM type of strips above and took a while, but probably more portable than yours.

Reactions: 2 people

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed in 1983, My first meter was an Abbott that used strips wrapped in blue and silver foil. Came in packs of 50, 4 strips on a perforated tear sheet. Oh no, I've regressed with the Libre!

Reactions: 3 people

iHs

Gosh Robert. ......looks like you kept everything from the 60's. For years I kept my Everet Rocket Rand syringe and the bubble pack with instruction leaflet. I gave to my friend and its in a showcase now as a museum piece.

Have you got the Aimes grey plastic holder for thev Clinitest tabs with test tube and dropper to suck up urine from a jug?

I used Clinitest for about 3yrs znd then switched to Clinistix which were heaven

rebusuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh Robert. ......looks like you kept everything from the 60's. For years I kept my Everet Rocket Rand syringe and the bubble pack with instruction leaflet. I gave to my friend and its in a showcase now as a museum piece.

If felt like a museum piece when I was using the ruddy thing!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Have you got the Aimes grey plastic holder for thev Clinitest tabs with test tube and dropper to suck up urine from a jug?

I used Clinitest for about 3yrs znd then switched to Clinistix which were heaven
I had a clear plastic holder for the test tubes like below. I only had clinistix for a few years and them BM sticks for blood
Don't have the clinitest stuff or syringe anymore, but I still have the first Accu-Chek meter from late 90s.

clinitestAmes.jpg

iHs

The grey plastic holder for the Clinitest tabs consisted of a moulded holder for test tube one side and dropper the other and tabsbin the middle. There must be a photo of it somewhere on the web

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 4 of third sensor and it's a bit sore. Has anyone else had this?