Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well Done!! Is that a 3 lb loss in one week? :)
Did you do anything different to lose this?

No it absolutely isn't! I've been stuck for almost 6 weeks and was despairing. I'm very surprised its happened now.

I see you are on Forxiga. You should get great results. I'll be watching you with interest ...... and envy!

Reactions: 4 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I found my BP dropped along with my blood scores and weight, although I also had quite marked white coat syndrome. Do you measure your BP at home at all?

No i don't .... if there's one thing I hate, it's that process. You can poke needles in me, do anything you want, but once that damned wrap is put around my upper arm, I hate it :) I can almost feel the BP rise as I'm afraid of the score.

The odd thing is that the more often they do it in the same session only minutes apart (and I insist on it as I tend to relax more and more intent on thinking of anything other than the result as the time goes by) the lower the BP reading is .... as much as 10 points.

Reactions: 2 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No it absolutely isn't! I've been stuck for almost 6 weeks and was despairing. I'm very surprised its happened now.

I see you are on Forxiga. You should get great results. I'll be watching you with interest ...... and envy!

I started Forxiga yesterday morning and was amazed at how quickly it started working! I mean I had to be close to the bathroom all day ;)

But more importantly, pleased at how quickly the bs have started coming down.

Have you been on Forxiga?

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No i don't .... if there's one thing I hate, it's that process. You can poke needles in me, do anything you want, but once that damned wrap is put around my upper arm, I hate it :) I can almost feel the BP rise as I'm afraid of the score.

The odd thing is that the more often they do it in the same session only minutes apart (and I insist on it as I tend to relax more and more intent on thinking of anything other than the result as the time goes by) the lower the BP reading is .... as much as 10 points.

It could be worthwhile buying yourself a home monitor. Mine passed all the recommended tests (for accuracy against professional machines), has a 200 reading memory and only cost about £20, if I recall. I now take this with me when I see the Doc or nurse, and whilst they will still measure for themselves, using their own machine, they accept my own readings. Such is the prevalence of White Coat Syndrome these days! With these back-up readings in my handbag, I feel much more relaxed about the formal measure.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started Forxiga yesterday morning and was amazed at how quickly it started working! I mean I had to be close to the bathroom all day ;)

But more importantly, pleased at how quickly the bs have started coming down.

Have you been on Forxiga?

Brilliant! No, my GP refused to prescribe it to me. Not helped by the fact that he hadn't heard of Forxiga...:arghh:

@kimbo1962 and @alliebee have or are taking it I believe and have very impressive weight loss results

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It could be worthwhile buying yourself a home monitor. Mine passed all the recommended tests (for accuracy against professional machines), has a 200 reading memory and only cost about £20, if I recall. I now take this with me when I see the Doc or nurse, and whilst they will still measure for themselves, using their own machine, they accept my own readings. Such is the prevalence of White Coat Syndrome these days! With these back-up readings in my handbag, I feel much more relaxed about the formal measure.

Call me dumb AB but is WCS simply fear of the regimented process? If that's the case, I'll just go buy one :)

Mike.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
John everyone's opinion is valid.

Just because some of us may have had this disease for longer, or been posting on this forum more does not mean that our opinion, especially on more technical/scientific matters, is any more valid.

One of the things that worries me a bit with this "Legend" label that the forum has stuck on many of us, is that it may give what we post an exaggerated credibility, particularly in the eyes of the newly diagnosed, that may not always be merited. And to be clear, I am thinking primarily of my own posts in making this comment. .

Does anyone know how the Legend label is acquired? Is it purely on the number of posts or the number of likes? I see the "likes" as validation of post content, but if we become "Legends" simply by our quota of posts, it could lead to posters commenting and posting randomly purely to earn their way up the ladder.

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 20:20 hindsight is pretty impressive? Non?

OOoooh. Fur trimmed cape. Lovely. If you get stuck, you could always look to Brunneria's seasonal avatar for inspiration. ;)

More seriously, I'm sure once you get going you'll have plenty of options.

When I came back to the UK in August, and was opening my UK wardrobe, I had so little I could wear (and not look like a bag lady!), and it took a short while to get my head around the "need" to consider new shapes to flatter my trimmer bits and disguise the overly bony bits. I'm a bit better with that now. Or maybe I'm just a bit more used to having a few clothes that actually fit!!

Totally agree. There is definitely a change in shape taking place. A friend on Wednesday was walking behind me through a doorway and commented on my weight loss, saying there was no fat on me from behind now. I describe it as shape redefining. That's why I need to go shopping with a friend for an honest opinion as to what styles will suit the shape change

Reactions: 8 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant! No, my GP refused to prescribe it to me. Not helped by the fact that he hadn't heard of Forxiga...:arghh:

@kimbo1962 and @alliebee have or are taking it I believe and have very impressive weight loss results

When the DN suggested Forxiga, I mentioned this site and told her I've done some research and it's working wonders!!!! :)

The pharmacy had not heard of it either!

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone know how the Legend label is acquired? Is it purely on the number of posts or the number of likes? I see the "likes" as validation of post content, but if we become "Legends" simply by our quota of posts, it could lead to posters commenting and posting randomly purely to earn their way up the ladder.
I am not sure exactly how one becomes a "legend"

Basing it on likes rather than posts seems a bit of an improvement but it is still not foolproof.

I may be getting "likes"for wishing someone to "get well soon", or for stating what my sugar level was this morning, or even for posting photos of nice landscapes, pretty flowers or cute pets.

I did get likes for all of the above.

Do these likes, welcomed as they may be, make any advice I may offer to someone any more valid?

So whether you base it on posts or on likes, the system can be manipulated.

I suspect no one puts too much store by these legend labels anyway!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree. There is definitely a change in shape taking place. A friend on Wednesday was walking behind me through a doorway and commented on my weight loss, saying there was no fat on me from behind now. I describe it as shape redefining. That's why I need to go shopping with a friend for an honest opinion as to what styles will suit the shape change

I now have this teenie, tiny waist, which was clearly snuggled in there, well wrapped, all these years. Who knew? It still freaks me out when the waistband of a size 6 isn't snug. I'd have been happy enough to settle at an 8.

Women! We're never happy. :D

Reactions: 12 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 fasting
10.2 before breakfast (ouch)

9.1 45 mins after breakfast - so at least its going in the right direction. I think its going to be one of those days... aaaaHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dianagrace Yay, party time for you! Well done on that 3lbs loss. Good idea to wait till New Year for that outfit - you may be wasting your money if you buy now. You could and will be much slimmer by January! I can't tell you how many new clothes I bought this summer that have gone to the charity shop, some still with labels on them, to be replaced by the next size down.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my second 3 month visit to the doc yesterday (results Monday but he's confident I've dropped again) and found out he's MUCH more of an expert on this topic than I would have possibly imagined.

Turned out he got his training from a Type 1 Doc who's lived (and continues to lives with this) since birth 70 years back.

So time to open up with him with all these little niggling feelings I've had with my fluctuating BS readings. He could not have cared less .... told me to ignore ANY one hour reading (provided they weren't ridiculous and he was happy as long they were below 9 or 10) as they're useless but it was and is about the 2 hour and beyond drop; that said, he couldn't believe my sudden drops after minimal exercise.

Interesting stuff I can tell you. He supported the LCHF approach, took a LONG look at me and was supremely confident my HB1AC would record another major drop into the non diabetic range. We shall see :)

I often do a one hour reading but never worry about the spike. I only worry about any 2 hour spike. I found it interesting that initially I was much the same at 1 hour as 2 hours, a slight drop but nothing significant. As time progressed the drops from 1hr to 2hrs became much more significant, which I consider a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.