FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's good, what were his comments on it?
He kept saying things like "This is the future - I'm really impressed". Then he kept saying "well done" and patting me on the back on the way out ;)

My consultant on the other hand was like "Oh you got a Libre, how do you like it? They're not very accurate". He wasn't impressed at all.

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
He kept saying things like "This is the future - I'm really impressed". Then he kept saying "well done" and patting me on the back on the way out ;)

My consultant on the other hand was like "Oh you got a Libre, how do you like it? They're not very accurate". He wasn't impressed at all.

If the Libre readings are consistent with your finger prick readings then the consultant can't be dismissive, but your gp is right when he says the Libre is the future, wonder how many more companies are looking at developing a similar product.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've managed to not finger prick fit for 5 days. It's definitely good enough for that and as long as you are hypo aware, it works very well.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
I also used bout 10 in the past 6 days, but most of them during the first 2 days, now thatthissensor is working pretty well, i didnt check for 2 or 3 days at all..only problem is I have to glue it all the time to prevent it from falling off..

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I prick in the morning and again before supper, but that's because I want to know what my actual numbers are because I'm working on my A1c.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't reduce my prescription as I don't know if I'll use this all the time. But I request less prescriptions now.

I just had my clinic appointment. My doctors exact words were "I wish all my patients were like you" :)

They were all really impressed with the Libre. 2 of their patients are using it that they know of

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also used bout 10 in the past 6 days, but most of them during the first 2 days, now thatthissensor is working pretty well, i didnt check for 2 or 3 days at all..only problem is I have to glue it all the time to prevent it from falling off..
I got some Opsite Flexifix tape just in case, although haven't needed it yet. I think some members here have found it useful.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have any of you reduced your test strip prescription?
I asked my GP to supply a smaller quantity of Freestyle Optium strips for the Libre, but requested that he left my Accu-Chek Mobile cassettes on repeat in case I can't afford the Libre sensors at some point. He knows that I only order items if required.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Yo Robert, thanks for the tip. The problem with tape so far is, that it will stick to the sensor for longer than it will stick to my skin. So when I take the tape off, it will take the sensor with it..I tried sportstape, but maybe the Flexfix doesn't have that problem?

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 5 days and going to the gym twice, I am not sure the sensor will stay on for 14 days. I am gonna try this:

http://www.studio-joli.com/Mastix-extra-Superstar-(Sint!)

Actors use it on stage to stick fake mustaches or wigs.
Only wonder if it wouldn't be dangerous to use it this close to an open connection through your skin.

Mine comes loose in the Gym too, sweat most likely. Opsite Flexigrid has been amazing, it's flexible like silicone so you can stretch it right over the sensor without the feeling of it being squashed against your skin, but it also becomes practically invisible and stretches with your body so it doesn't feel like it's there either. You can pick it up for about £4 a reel, and it'll last while. 10cm is quite wide but you can buy it in other widths and lengths too.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Yo Robert, thanks for the tip. The problem with tape so far is, that it will stick to the sensor for longer than it will stick to my skin. So when I take the tape off, it will take the sensor with it..I tried sportstape, but maybe the Flexfix doesn't have that problem?
Cover the sensor with a bit of tissue before taping it down so when you remove the tape it takes the tissue with it and not the sensor :)

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
New sensor activated at lunchtime, but I keep scanning the wrong arm :wacky: didn't happened the previous times.

Reactions: 4 people

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Yo @Sideburnt , you happen to know an internetstore which sells it? Living in the Netherlands..

@logindetails tried that already, but covering the sensor made the tape pretty useless..

Btw the theatre skinglue works for a day or so, but its a bit messy to put it on every day again, plus pretty hard since you can not really reach that spot on your arm well with your other hand/see what you are doing..

Last edited by a moderator:

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Update: the mastix extra skinglue is a no-go, since it made a mess and the sensor is loose again after all..i think i have to take the sensor off tomorrow after 7 days while it has been very accurate..:(

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Update: the mastix extra skinglue is a no-go, since it made a mess and the sensor is loose again after all..i think i have to take the sensor off tomorrow after 7 days while it has been very accurate..:(

I've used these a couple of times when it's got very loose. They are very big and VERY sticky but they do a great job. Give them a try

image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people