LCHF

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I take omega 3 and magnesium. Recently discovered I'm towards the low end on Vitamin D so will get out in daylight for ten mins every day.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Yes I know that, it's just a lot of people doing low carb seem to also avoid fruit to keep BG levels stable. Hence why I asked about vitamins :)
Forgot to say that I only eat limited amount of berries because of effect on bs of other fruit.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take omega 3 and magnesium. Recently discovered I'm towards the low end on Vitamin D so will get out in daylight for ten mins every day.
It does help as long as the sun is high enough. Easy to check: If you shadow is the same length as your height (or shorter) you can make vitamin D from the sun.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It does help as long as the sun is high enough. Easy to check: If you shadow is the same length as your height (or shorter) you can make vitamin D from the sun.

Given that I'll be heading out at Lunctime for my vitamin D, that should be okay!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Given that I'll be heading out at Lunctime for my vitamin D, that should be okay!
Good luck. I would have bought some vitamin D to supplement with as well.

I know London is at a different latitude than where I live but still, my shadow is about 8 metres long.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a sub-lingual Vitamin D spray in winter. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis when they discovered I had coeliac disease, so need this to make best use of calcium.