Iphone Fuss

billpmadscot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks, am a wrinkly but not at all set in his ways, wondering what all the iPhone fuss is about. Nuther wrinkly friend reckons I phones are waste of money and android is only way to go. I have my own thing about dealings with apple and prefer android also. Sad to see Dcuk adheres to the adage that only apple rules. Where is the android PA? Do I have to go invest in an iPhone to get the use of this PA? Sorry , won't be doing so anytime soon. While we're on about it BBC could learn a thing or two as they have swallowed the apple mantra also, not to mention of course the infamous Snow White who also found apples irresistible. I rest my case RSVP Bill P

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I love iPhones!!! I've tried all the other best phones over the years but iPhones in my opinion as the most user friendly, it'd take something special to get me away from iPhone and also Mac computers

As I'm low carbing I have not had an apple for 2 years so I may be compensating :)

Reactions: 9 people

billpmadscot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You miss the point, dcuk offers only iPhone friendly PA programme on the front page of the new recipe book info, my objection is that no android equivalent is offered. B-)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Oh sorry, no idea what a PA is.

I was just looking after my shares in apple

Reactions: 10 people

billpmadscot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
PA is gobbledyspeak for personal assistant sorry, I hate acronyms and yet I was using one, apologies, I love apples with a passion, eat them in every form possible, the new pole invented not so long back has me cold sorry, B-)

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
The new pole?

I'm sorry I don't know what your views on food are or your diabetes status, but you know apples are very carby? I see apples as a no go zone due to their effects on my blood, shame, I also loved them (especially in pastry under custard)

Reactions: 3 people

billpmadscot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its all about portions, nothing wrong with eating apples as long as its in moderation even in pastry, my problem was I'd eat four apples minimum in a day, no longer sadly but I still have them, keep it small is all, pole = apple

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The new pole?

I'm sorry I don't know what your views on food are or your diabetes status, but you know apples are very carby? I see apples as a no go zone due to their effects on my blood, shame, I also loved them (especially in pastry under custard)

I still do:happy:

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I defo have to go with Android, just for the tasty options it offers.......................................

android-versions1.jpg
:D:D

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I use my trusty desktop PC. Why does anyone need a mobile bit of technology to interact with the forum?

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I use my trusty desktop PC. Why does anyone need a mobile bit of technology to interact with the forum?

I totally agree but unfortunately in todays world, you can't even go to the loo without consulting Google first. Everything seems to be ruled by the "Mobile Phone", and it's the younger generation I feel sorry for. They really don't have a clue. phone smiley.jpg

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could argue, why does anyone need a PC to do it :)

Agreed! I don't like the pc version of the forum, always use my phone to access even when sitting at my desk!

That said, I'm an iPhone lover. Not a complete Apple fanatic though. I love the iPhone, enjoy the fruit, but can't get my head around the laptops or desktops!