Margarine on the way out?

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So there is a substitute for butter after all.......statins! Now doesn't that just explain why margarine was pushed so hard and why we were all told that butter is bad for you in the first place?!

So the choice is statins plus margarine or delicious butter. Not a difficult choice really is it? :D

So why didn't they just include statins in the margarine ingredients and call it errrrrrr.....................butter:D

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes I remember that! My grandad used to make it for us. It's not really surprising I am in the state I'm in now is it? :D

Indeed, I remember my dad telling me about the things his dad used to eat after the war. Lardy bread was his favourite, along with tripe and whatever other offal he could pick up cheap enough.

My elderly dad was brought up and lived on food like that, especially tripe, my mum cooked this for my dad as he loved it, but it is the most disgusting smell ever, vile :yuck: and he's still alive and kicking at 91 :) and all the bread and dripping foods when younger, and quite poor, plus serving in WW11 too :wideyed: :)

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I agree RRB the smell of offal cooking is truly disgusting. How anyone could eat something that smells like that is beyond me. Yuck.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So there is a substitute for butter after all.......statins! Now doesn't that just explain why margarine was pushed so hard and why we were all told that butter is bad for you in the first place?!

So the choice is statins plus margarine or delicious butter. Not a difficult choice really is it? :D

Ha,
Don't think i fancy half a bar of butter in a cup of coffee though.
At least he finds a use for the rest of the bar in his omelette.

• 4 pastured eggs.
  • 56 grams of Kerrygold butter.
  • 42 grams of coconut oil.

I'll stick to my ryvitta and skimmed milk coffee first thing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh I agree RRB the smell of offal cooking is truly disgusting. How anyone could eat something that smells like that is beyond me. Yuck.

We used the back door mainly which was attatched to the kitchen and even just opening the outer back gate, I could smell it straight away :yuck:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with your comment about coffee @douglas99 I'm not that keen on coffee but when I do have it it's either black or with cream, definitely NOT butter. I'll put butter on most other things though :)

If I liked eggs at all I would try the omelette, but I still haven't found a way to eat eggs without throwing up afterwards. I'm still looking though. Now to me, Ryvita just reminds me of so many failed diets, I don't want to go there again. If I did I would add butter next time. (Yes I'm becoming a butterholic)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I agree with your comment about coffee @douglas99 I'm not that keen on coffee but when I do have it it's either black or with cream, definitely NOT butter. I'll put butter on most other things though :)

If I liked eggs at all I would try the omelette, but I still haven't found a way to eat eggs without throwing up afterwards. I'm still looking though. Now to me, Ryvita just reminds me of so many failed diets, I don't want to go there again. If I did I would add butter next time. (Yes I'm becoming a butterholic)

Cheese i addictive to me, and piles the weight on.
I'm still recovering from Christmas!

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Lurpak user here. Not bought marg for ages unless cooking. My mum loved eating liver, the smell was vile.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lurpak user here. Not bought marg for ages unless cooking. My mum loved eating liver, the smell was vile.

Believe me tripe is a hundred times worse eddie, :yuck::arghh: :yuck: just thinking about it is putting me off my lunch, :oops: sorry for derailment

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
lol Adrian. Good one !

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Cheese i addictive to me, and piles the weight on.
I'm still recovering from Christmas!
Yes but if you ditched the ryevita :hungover: and ate LCHF you could eat the cheese and NOT pile the weight on!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Is there an emotion for stirrers?;)

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there an emotion for stirrers?;)

Of course there is.............................
stirringSmiley.gif

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes but if you ditched the ryevita :hungover: and ate LCHF you could eat the cheese and NOT pile the weight on!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Is there an emotion for stirrers?;)

That's an interesting one, as most LCHF still seem to control the calorie intake, and vary the amount to either lose or gain weight.