Margarine on the way out?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Yes and dripping on toast was another favorite sprinkled with salt it was lovely especially the gravy bit at the bottom of the dripping bowl

DRIPPING....it was real beef dripping in those days, I could never eat it though but my mum loved it along with other stuff mentioned. Tripe and onions, liver, kidney black pudding etc she lived to 88 yrs and only became ill 6 weeks before she passed away. One thing I remember well was cod liver oil and malt, us kids couldn't' get enough of it, it was sweet and sticky and was provided by the state so we would keep healthy??! Another thing was national health Orange juice that was delicious but terribly sweet. Not sure how many oranges went into it though. We now have more people living longer so I think there must have been something in this dreadful diet

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Oh I agree RRB the smell of offal cooking is truly disgusting. How anyone could eat something that smells like that is beyond me. Yuck.

Well if you ever pass by my house by mistake you would know it by the aroma coming from my kitchen because my favourite Friday meal is lamb's liver/bacon/and onions yummy and full of iron too. Mine smells delicious when cooking

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
liver smell = not too bad.

The one I used to hate was chitterlings. I had to stay away for hours when my Mum cooked those....and then my Dad and her actually ate them! I feel sick at the thought of it. I still remember that smell even though it was 35 years ago.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
liver smell = not too bad.

The one I used to hate was chitterlings. I had to stay away for hours when my Mum cooked those....and then my Dad and her actually ate them! I feel sick at the thought of it. I still remember that smell even though it was 35 years ago.
What are chitterlings?

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I eat them.
Although to be fair, I'll eat anything, I figure if I've pulled it out of its skin, it's disrespectful not to.
Otherwise, it's life's been in vain, and I won't be doing that to anything.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat them.
Although to be fair, I'll eat anything, I figure if I've pulled it out of its skin, it's disrespectful not to.
Otherwise, it's life's been in vain, and I won't be doing that to anything.

Well I'm kind of jealous of you Douglas. I wish I'd liked more things - diet would be much easier for me if I did.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nowadays they mainly use a kind of synthetic film now (I'm trying not to say plastic, because that would probably be wrong ;))
Having sampled a lot of different sausages in my time, you may be right with PLASTIC:D Now had you said some sort of Gossamer sheath, I'd probably become a vegetarian.:D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol I never eat the skin anyway. I take it off and re-roll the sausages into smaller thinner ones. Very fussy, that's me.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because they only seem to do pork ones now and I only like beef sausages. I would buy skinless beef ones if I could, but I can't. lol :)

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because they only seem to do pork ones now and I only like beef sausages. I would buy skinless beef ones if I could, but I can't. lol :)
waitrose sausage.JPG
chipol nutr.JPG

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That is a heavy document.

That's a blast from the past.
To be honest, I've given up internet studies, as there's always equal amounts showing everyone is right, or everyone is wrong, depending on which you pick.

I stopped searching the internet, I just choose a path that works for me, gives me numbers that I choose to believe are right, eat to achieve the numbers I want to achieve, and adjust my diet until I achieve them.

We all need to choose our own preferred way.