Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.0 this morning. Sorry not been on for a few days just feeling rough and very sore. Day 16 in hospital getting used to it now but LET ME OUT OF HERE !! Still got chest drain in an on injection antibiotics. Glad everyone is doing well

Reactions: 14 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My usual 5.8 - was a little concerned as I had a meal out last night and had mushroom stuffed with stilton, cranberries and walnuts followed by king prawn marsala with rice (about 2 tblespns) and a small naan and I enjoyed every mouthful! Didn't have the courage to test last night though!!!

Reactions: 13 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
7.0 this morning. Sorry not been on for a few days just feeling rough and very sore. Day 16 in hospital getting used to it now but LET ME OUT OF HERE !! Still got chest drain in an on injection antibiotics. Glad everyone is doing well
Get well soon

Reactions: 8 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
10.4 this am although I am later up I did not expect it to be that high

Reactions: 9 people

alliebee

Poor love. Hope you get better really soon x

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My usual 5.8 - was a little concerned as I had a meal out last night and had mushroom stuffed with stilton, cranberries and walnuts followed by king prawn marsala with rice (about 2 tblespns) and a small naan and I enjoyed every mouthful! Didn't have the courage to test last night though!!!

Aaawww. Such a shame, because these are the times we need to test. It may not have been nearly as bad as you think, but you'll never know. Knowledge is power! I found if I told myself to expect a big number, it usually wasn't too terrible, because I wasn't expecting a 4 or 5. (The mind is a funny old thing.)

Did you feel like you were high, or do you have no perception of your levels?

Reactions: 9 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
4.9 this morning, just been watching pup doing acrobatics, jumping to ~5feet up to grab big fat snowflakes (almost as much fun as watching a child play in the snow:))

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A flat 4 for me this morning. Having been 3.7 after dinner and on going to bed, my liver has obviously been in play. I'm happy to exercise my liver and cycle it's glucose stores.

Like everywhere else, it's jolly cold here this morning, although we have no snow.

Today, I must have a good day in my workshop, or I'll be running short of time. 9 sleeps, plus 1 hotel sleep. :D:D:D:D

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning, just been watching pup doing acrobatics, jumping to ~5feet up to grab big fat snowflakes (almost as much fun as watching a child play in the snow:))

I love your gifs in your signature, Fergus. Where did you find them?

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
4.7 yesterday and 5.1 this very frosty morning,..normal service resumed...need my daily walk clearly....played footy last night first time since Xmas...WOW...just can not believe...that i can run round a 5 a side pitch for an hour and a half and enjoy..a bit stiff this morning...but i feel so blessed that i can continue my beloved football for a while yet...my sons mates are astonished...so am i...AGE is an excuse that i would have continued to use if i hadn't been diagnosed....

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
6.8 mmol/l on this snowy morning :)

alliebee

Hi to all the poorly people still suffering from bugs. If you have a cough try Broncho Stop. My DN told me about it. All natural and no sugar. I've tried a lot of cough remedies in my time but this stuff is fantastic! Works really well :)
Its made from marshmallow root

Reactions: 10 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
3.6 party last night obviously overdid it on the Vodka & diet.

Feeling fine, now for some breakfast.

Reactions: 15 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi to all the poorly people still suffering from bugs. If you have a cough try Broncho Stop. My DN told me about it. All natural and no sugar. I've tried a lot of cough remedies in my time but this stuff is fantastic! Works really well :)
Its made from marshmallow root
My pharmacist sold me some Piriton liquid once only to find it has sugar in it and she had just gave me my insulin pens...doh !:banghead:

Reactions: 4 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Get well soon, hoping for a speedy recovery and hope the chest drain comes out soon xx @loulou99782

Reactions: 11 people
Status
Not open for further replies.