Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

My pharmacist sold me some Piriton liquid once only to find it has sugar in it and she had just gave me my insulin pens...doh !:banghead:
Well this I've checked and there is a lot of buzz on google about it too. No sugar. Dns are sometimes rubbish I know esp when they spout the eat lots of carbs routine! That's what got me here!!

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning ..I suspect the glands the size of duck eggs under my jaw have something to do with that. Can't say I feel ill just a bit off colour which is typical as I am off out tonight and have my Hba1C test next week!

Reactions: 14 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A much more acceptable 5.3 this monprning after a week in which morning readings have yo-yo'd and been as high as 6.4. But I do have a chest infection and a lot of pressure at work currently so the high readings are not too much of a surprise.

Reactions: 14 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning after bedtime of 5.7, so about right but I obviously prefer my 5.3!!
Keep getting a little snow flurry but nothing laying yet, just a few specks on the ground so far

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.0 this morning. Sorry not been on for a few days just feeling rough and very sore. Day 16 in hospital getting used to it now but LET ME OUT OF HERE !! Still got chest drain in an on injection antibiotics. Glad everyone is doing well
The 7.0 is good, sorry to hear about the rest tho. Hopefully you'll be our and about again soon x

Reactions: 9 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very annoyed 6.0 which is the highest I have recorded since I started testing on 18/12. Only had some chicken drumsticks and some salad but then had cashews/raisins and a 9 bar. Then got offered a glass of wine which i said yes to. Didn't test last night.

Overall, based on 31 readings it has been an average of 4.7 with 4 readings over 5.5

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very annoyed 6.0 which is the highest I have recorded since I started testing on 18/12. Only had some chicken drumsticks and some salad but then had cashews/raisins and a 9 bar. Then got offered a glass of wine which i said yes to. Didn't test last night.

Overall, based on 31 readings it has been an average of 4.7 with 4 readings over 5.5

We all get these blips. It could be anything from bad night to stress to your liver playing silly buggers to you coming down with something, but what it won't be is the wine (if it was red and not a sweet white)

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok was really worried about taking my bloods this morning as I was 9.1 before bed..... However it was 5.6 woohooo

Reactions: 12 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all get these blips. It could be anything from bad night to stress to your liver playing silly buggers to you coming down with something, but what it won't be is the wine (if it was red and not a sweet white)

It was a dry white wine. Also today is the 1st test using a batch of strips I got off ebay.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

My usual 5.8 - was a little concerned as I had a meal out last night and had mushroom stuffed with stilton, cranberries and walnuts followed by king prawn marsala with rice (about 2 tblespns) and a small naan and I enjoyed every mouthful! Didn't have the courage to test last night though!!!
Always wise to test - especially as it can go in your favour.... If tests results surprise you by being lower than you expected you'd know you could eat it again with impunity; not a guilty pleasure

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.