Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thanks Mike, its amazing how much happier a low fasting blood result makes me feel...its a really good motivator...
That is so very true... and the opposite is true too... :( 6.9 for me this morning...

Reactions: 15 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 right this is getting really boring now...i think i should only report by exception...if its too high and i can share with you to garner support and sympathy or its so low so I can swagger a bit and say look at me guys....but just look at my recent fasting numbers...lowest 4.7 and highest 6.6

5.3, 5.4, 5.3,5.5, 5.1,4.7,5.9,6.6, 5.6,5.4,5.5, 5.0
List of numbers like that always make me think of Torville & Dean tho theirs were 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0 ;)

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
It's strange well not strange in the logical sense, but if I have to get up to see to let the dog or cat out in the night I have a handful of peanuts or something snackable in the low GL & my readings are less than not snacking. Must stop the liver doing it's stuff.
Ahhh, I am constantly disturbed by one of four cats in the night.. shall try it - I will try to remember to keep almonds by the bed... :) Thanks for the tip...

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.3 right this is getting really boring now...i think i should only report by exception...if its too high and i can share with you to garner support and sympathy or its so low so I can swagger a bit and say look at me guys....but just look at my recent fasting numbers...lowest 4.7 and highest 6.6

Excellent... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It looks to me like you have hit your natural level. Mine is mid 5's. I am firmly convinced we all have a natural level, which would most likely be the level we always were prior to diagnosis. Some people will be in the 3's, some 4's and some 5's, and I feel it is unlikely to get consistently lower. There will be odd times when it changes, due to prevailing circumstances, but it will always return to this level (providing of course our other levels are tightly controlled) Worry not Beatdise, it is a good level.

And just to show what I mean,

Bedtime 5.5
Fasting 5.5

Reactions: 18 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It looks to me like you have hit your natural level. Mine is mid 5's. I am firmly convinced we all have a natural level, which would most likely be the level we always were prior to diagnosis. Some people will be in the 3's, some 4's and some 5's, and I feel it is unlikely to get consistently lower. There will be odd times when it changes, due to prevailing circumstances, but it will always return to this level (providing of course our other levels are tightly controlled) Worry not Beatdise, it is a good level.

Bedtime 5.5
Fasting 5.5

Its like the body has a memory.

Reactions: 11 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Bedtime 5.5
Fasting 5.5

I would completely agree with the personal level comment.

Reactions: 10 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really no idea whats going on with me
Day before yesterday before dinner was 5.6 but after jumped to 7.6, tested again 7.8 and had nothing different than what I have all the time and I slept thinking what the hell happened there, I did have a new cheese and ham coleslaw but that was 5g per 100g carb as I always check labels before buying anything nowadays as I am sure we all do
Woke up to 5.6
Yesterday before dinner was 6.1 and I was like what the hell is happening
Washed hands retested and it was 5.5
After dinner was 5.5 as well and again it was same dinner but no spike at all which I thought it cant be right
I retested and it was 5.7 but it was still below 6 which is what I always aim for at any time
Fasting was 6.0
Washed hands again and retested 5.8
Figures all over the place
As @ally1 was saying blood sugars have gone up a little in winters but they were still ok till this shock came and its still not sunk in
http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webs...sna1-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/910000879917
this was the coleslaw unless it does not mention the correct amount of sugars in it? Dont think thats possible but i will give it a pass anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really no idea whats going on with me
Day before yesterday before dinner was 5.6 but after jumped to 7.6, tested again 7.8 and had nothing different than what I have all the time and I slept thinking what the hell happened there, I did have a new cheese and ham coleslaw but that was 5g per 100g carb as I always check labels before buying anything nowadays as I am sure we all do
Woke up to 5.6
Yesterday before dinner was 6.1 and I was like what the hell is happening
Washed hands retested and it was 5.5
After dinner was 5.5 as well and again it was same dinner but no spike at all which I thought it cant be right
I retested and it was 5.7 but it was still below 6 which is what I always aim for at any time
Fasting was 6.0
Washed hands again and retested 5.8
Figures all over the place
As @ally1 was saying blood sugars have gone up a little in winters but they were still ok till this shock came and its still not sunk in

Brettsza - Are you using the Codefree? If you are, what are the last 2 or 3 digits of the batch number. It's on the side of the tub, of the bottom of the boxes.

Reactions: 5 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brettsza - Are you using the Codefree? If you are, what are the last 2 or 3 digits of the batch number. It's on the side of the tub, of the bottom of the boxes.
Hi Andbreathe
Unfortunately I dont have that with me right now but I will let you know in a few hours

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. very long fast as I forgot to take meter up with me to bed so it was good few hours later than usual. Need to catch up on jobs now after sleeping in!

Reactions: 17 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Andbreathe
Unfortunately I dont have that with me right now but I will let you know in a few hours

Thanks. I'm on my last pot of a particular batch, and I'm having some odd readings. All the other pots have been fine.

Reactions: 5 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.6 this morning after going to bed on 5.4
No snow here today and actually 3 degrees so no frost either
Got to go have a hepatitis b vacation later as it's recommended for the new relief post I'm doing at the homeless centre, first shift tomorrow, hoping the vacination is not going to affect my no - meds levels!!
Vacation really..LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.