What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
:D

Yesterday's smoothie was spinach, courgette, pineapple, + blueberries.
Today was the same except, kale +strawberries.
Tomorrow will be + pomegranate and the last of straw and blue...

Then I need to go shopping. :)

We should have a green smoothie recipe thread, so we don't derail this one too much.
I'll start one.
Feel free to please paste in any of your posts that give recipes.
- it'll save us writing them out again

There you go:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/in-praise-of-green-smoothies.70800/

Good idea Brunneria

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not eaten much today as I have been feeling off colour, so no breakfast, not even my coffee so I must be bad!
Late lunch: soup with some cheese chucked in and 4 baby toys.
D: yoghurt cream and blackberries

Might have a snack later on if I can face it

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not eaten much today as I have been feeling off colour, so no breakfast, not even my coffee so I must be bad!
Late lunch: soup with some cheese chucked in and 4 baby toys.
D: yoghurt cream and blackberries

Might have a snack later on if I can face it

I don't think I'd be able to face a snack after 4 baby toys!

Reactions: 10 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
B 100g full fat greek yog, 2 fat bombs
S 2 cheese strings
L homemade hungarian mushroom soup, sugar free jelly, piece of peanut butter brownie
S salami stick
D crustless cheese and bacon quiche with salad and homemade coleslaw, followed by 2 squares 75% choc.

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - peanut 9bar
L - cheese & mushroom crustless quiche with a Tomatoe and olive salad
S - pork scratchings
D - salmon with broccoli

Sugar free jelly and cream for later if I need it

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: Edam omelette
L: veg soup, Meyer lemon
D: two huge mushrooms stuffed with feta, walnuts and thyme, chocolate chia pud
S: creamy decaf, some cashews

Not cooking much this week. Saving myself for Friday. Got pals coming for a Mexican night and it can't come quick enough!

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B.. Lush Green Smoothie
L.. Another green smoothie
D.. Cauliflower, broccoli, lemon, cheese, pasta bake
S .. Watermelon and Almonds

Blood sugars before bed .... 6.7. :happy::happy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B. Greek yoghurt sprinkled with blueberries and flaked almonds. +2 = 6.1
L. 1 slice of buttered Hovis seed sensations toast with tinned sardines in olive oil. +2 = 7.3
D. 2 x Paul Rankin outdoor bred sausages dry roasted in oven, 6 small Jerusalem artichokes roasted in garlic butter and olive oil, half batavia lettuce from my Riverford veg box & coleslaw. +2 =6.0

Snack - 2 slices of red Leicester cheese, a few spoonfuls of pomegranate seeds and 2 creamy coffees

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: breakfast slab and coffeencream
L: green smoothie, beef broth, 9bar
D: macDonalds quartepounder with cheese meal. Ate half the chips, half the bun, and drank water. Followed by green smoothie. Odd meal. Odd circumstances. Hopefully not to be repeated, because I really didn't enjoy it!
S: low carb hot chocncream

Reactions: 8 people

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: breakfast slab and coffeencream
L: green smoothie, beef broth, 9bar
D: macDonalds quartepounder with cheese meal. Ate half the chips, half the bun, and drank water. Followed by green smoothie. Odd meal. Odd circumstances. Hopefully not to be repeated, because I really didn't enjoy it!
S: low carb hot chocncream

Can I ask what your low carb hotchoc is?? I attempted to make one tonight and it was gross!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask what your low carb hotchoc is?? I attempted to make one tonight and it was gross!
Sure, :)

I use a big mug
A large heaped teasp good quality cocoa powder
Boiling water
A good dash double cream
And xylitol or erythritol (or any artificial sweetener), to taste.

Mix the cocoa into a smooth paste with hot water. Add rest of water, cream and sweetener. Stir thoroughly.

I think, for me, the trick is using excellent cocoa (green and blacks) and enough sweetener. And I only like xylitol or erythritol - the others all taste chemically, to me.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
:D

Yesterday's smoothie was spinach, courgette, pineapple, + blueberries.
Today was the same except, kale +strawberries.
Tomorrow will be + pomegranate and the last of straw and blue...

Then I need to go shopping. :)

We should have a green smoothie recipe thread, so we don't derail this one too much.
I'll start one.
Feel free to please paste in any of your posts that give recipes.
- it'll save us writing them out again

There you go:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/in-praise-of-green-smoothies.70800/
Brilliant... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Sure, :)

I use a big mug
A large heaped teasp good quality cocoa powder
Boiling water
A good dash double cream
And xylitol or erythritol (or any artificial sweetener), to taste.

Mix the cocoa into a smooth paste with hot water. Add rest of water, cream and sweetener. Stir thoroughly.

I think, for me, the trick is using excellent cocoa (green and blacks) and enough sweetener. And I only like xylitol or erythritol - the others all taste chemically, to me.
I put coconut oil and Bullet mine so it's frothy on top and it makes it more creamy... :) I really look forward to it....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, you made me smile about your cat. I had a cat who used to make a nest in my hair, and I often used to wake up cheek to check with her. I think she used to just think I was a big cat, she used to always give me a wash in the morning too :cat: It sounds like you are very well prepared for your travels, it sounds very exciting but it must also be exhausting! No need to worry about sounding off here, I think we're all in the same boat :)

One thing that occurred to me is that my Consultant increased my statins, so I'm wondering if that's what is affecting my bg's. I do also wonder if a disrupted or disturbed sleep pattern can affect BGs too.
My small queen tries to wash our hair, bless her... :cat: I am sure when I do, on odd occasions, sleep well, that my numbers are down, for sure... Is anyone else on statins? Do they notice any difference? My doctor said that most diabetics have to take statins sooner or later... why? Do we know? Is it common knowledge that I have missed? :) So many questions, so little time...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My small queen tries to wash our hair, bless her... :cat: I am sure when I do, on odd occasions, sleep well, that my numbers are down, for sure... Is anyone else on statins? Do they notice any difference? My doctor said that most diabetics have to take statins sooner or later... why? Do we know? Is it common knowledge that I have missed? :) So many questions, so little time...
Nooooo! Predictive text, grrrr! Should be baby toms :blush: :grin:
:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, you made me smile about your cat. I had a cat who used to make a nest in my hair, and I often used to wake up cheek to check with her. I think she used to just think I was a big cat, she used to always give me a wash in the morning too :cat: It sounds like you are very well prepared for your travels, it sounds very exciting but it must also be exhausting! No need to worry about sounding off here, I think we're all in the same boat :)

One thing that occurred to me is that my Consultant increased my statins, so I'm wondering if that's what is affecting my bg's. I do also wonder if a disrupted or disturbed sleep pattern can affect BGs too.
I travel all the time and when we're away we are always up very early to catch the light - we have a film-production company - so when I get back I find it impossible to lie-in... which is sad... :grumpy: Apart from the four cats all moaning about breakfast as well... :cat::cat::cat::cat: I get so fed up of packing and unpacking sometimes, that's the only thing I moan about... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: I had a green smoothie - check the nice new link for recipes :) Bullet-proof coffee
Went for a bike ride
Had another coffee with cream and a small slice of my low carb cheesecake with my friend
L: Will be egg mayonnaise with chopped spring onion on my almond bread
Snack: Bowl of my chicken soup
D: Will be salmon, pan-fried in coconut oil and butter with green beans, brussels sprouts roasted with bacon and broccoli with garlic...
I might have strawberries, blueberries and cream afterwards.. :)
And of course my hot chocolate...
I love my life-plan... :)

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Of course :) It is lush... It's in mother thyme.com/lowcarblemoncheesecake... I thought I could take out the lemon and add lots of cacao to make a really chocolate one too... you'd have to mix some liquid with the chocolate powder first I suppose... coconut milk maybe?
Hi Susikav
Is the "jello" in the recipe the jelly blocks or jelly crystals?
Thanks
Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.