Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But what are you doing in this thread then? You tried LCHF and it didn't work? In what way? Or you never tried LCHF?
I must admit I'm a bit confused.
I wonder what I am doing here too.
I tried LCHF as it had been described to me for 3 weeks. Not long enough? Well it was long enough for me to gain just over a stone in weight. Made no difference to BG levels which were already well controlled.
Had a disgusting affect on digestion.

I already eat few carbs, so see no reason to add extra fat.

I am confused as to the definition LCHF, as some people seem to interpret that as eating cheese with butter spread onto it, while others say having full fat dairy is enough.

I am also confused in how we measure 'success'. Is it BG levels controlled? Is that BG levels controlled with or without meds? Is it weight out of obese range? Weight out of 'overweight' range? Some or all of these?

As to me being on the thread, I do want to understand. I do not want an argument. But to ask me why I don't try it suggests that you don't believe my way of eating is valid.

Perhaps by eating few carbs, but eating fresh vegetables, fruit, eggs, fish lean meat, full fat yogurt, skimmed milk, I am already using the LCHF method?

Reactions: 4 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who eats cheese with butter spread on it ? That's just wrong ;-)

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel sick :yuck: just reading of this combination .
Ugh :yuck:
Isn't this thread turning into LCHF-bashing? I can see no need for those who find LCHFa bad idea or even disgusting idea to tell us about it. I thought the thread was meant to find people with experiences of LCHF, good or bad?

Yes, I occasionally have cheese and butter as a snack. Please don't ridicule something that actually works for me.

Reactions: 10 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Whilst cheese with butter is good for some, I'm not sure it appeals to many. Having said that, one should always try something before dissing it.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just tried some 'I can't believe it's not butter' on a slice of Pilgrims choice, light and smooth cheese and I don't like the taste or texture of the two commodities together.:yuck: sickly.

I used to love a cheese or meat/egg salad sandwich, but would spread a thin amount of mayonnaise on the bread. Very nice as a sandwich, or even all rolled up in a piece of ham is lovely too.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Please can members who do or have tried the LC/HF diet recently or in the past .

Who may have struggled to lose weight easily whilst using the LC/HF diet in their eating routine/regime .

Please post up your stories on how or why you found this a struggle .

We would be interested to hear of this if you have found it a struggle or difficult .

Back to the threads topic heading please folks .
Or thread will be closed .

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
did really well lost about 2 stone then plateaued then lost my job and got lazy back to structured routine tomorrow back to good eating habits!! low carb here i come with a vengence

Reactions: 6 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Well in 7 pages we still have virtually no one who has found that LCHF does not work ?
Almost everyone is in favour of it from what I am reading,
But lets see if we get any other responses ?
:bored:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Majority over minority is obvious within this thread .
Clear what has happened !

Thread closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.