Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Please can members who do or have tried the LC/HF diet recently or in the past .

Who may have struggled to lose weight easily whilst using the LC/HF diet in their eating routine/regime .

Please post up your stories on how or why you found this a struggle .

We would be interested to hear of this if you have found it a struggle or difficult .

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Will you be offsetting this thread with another where I can post of my struggle to lose weight while on the recommended HCLF diet? :)

Reactions: 8 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Please post your story and all can be compared and shared then .

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't do it to lose weight and didn't know that I had until some tight trousers were loose when I next tried them on. I was diagnosed at 96 kg and have been as low as 83 Kg.

See my signature for the rest.

Reactions: 2 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lost about 2 stone on LCHF and BG levels stable. Insulin use halved. LCHF-it's the future, I've seen it.....

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost 4 stones 4lbs on LCHF and controlled my BS and cholesterol lipids.
The hardest part is trying to stop losing and to maintain your new weight.

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have lost 3.5 stones on LCHF since diagnosis a year ago. I did this without really trying as good bg was my priority - the weight loss was a bonus. By my first 3 month review, my hba1c had gone down to non-diabetic levels where it has remained since. Cholesterol levels improved too. And the menu is varied and delicious!

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have lost 2 stone on the LCHF and I am finding it difficult to stop losing.
My Dr says the reason my gall stones are playing up is perhaps due to my weight loss.I have to get the gall bladder out and keep on low fat at the moment.
Blood sugars went down also LDLcholesterol ,and I feel very well.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
@anna29
SCORES SO FAR
THOSE FOR 8
Those against 0
;)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I think you know where I stand :)

The list of benefits LCHF gave me would fill a book

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Years ago I was told by a consultant that I was one of his few patients who could honestly say that their metabolism was to blame and that I would find it extremely difficult to lose weight. Since beginning low carb/full fat last August I've lost 9 kilos.

Reactions: 4 people
G

graj0

HCLF - Eatwell plate type of regime, 500 calories less than BMR didn't work, 1,000 calories less than BMR didn't work, 1,000 calories than BMR and heavy exercise didn't work.
Tried this for 7 years, the only benefit was that I didn't get any fatter, I learned a lot about self discipline, I gave my GP a lot of grief because he didn't have a clue and when I did stop taking Rosiglitazone, the cause of most of my weight gain, the weight did fall off. Right up until they put me on Gliclazide.
I never felt well or happy during this period.

LC (nothing special on the fat front) - no potato/pasta/rice/bread resulting in about 80gms carb and 1,000 calories less than BMR, so about 1,000 calories, lost 3 stone in about 6 months, slowly but steadily.
Then I hit a plateau for about a year, then in November 2014, after an operation, anti-inflammatory pain killers and blood thinners, lost another 1 1/2 stone, and have now hit that plateau again.
No change in diet since dropping the carbs, exercise has been up and down, presently concentrating on getting left leg back to normal.
Feeling a lot better and happier, obviously partially down to being lighter, but also because I'm more in control and not having to tolerate the side effects of the three drugs I stopped taking, whatever they were.

ihatefacebook-200x200_zps5926fa05.jpg

I'm only being truthful, even if I have an account. I hate early mornings as well but couldn't find a badge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@anna29
SCORES SO FAR
THOSE FOR 8
Those against 0
;)
No need to use a score board with this .
It - isn't a competition here .

Just allow for any members to share their stories with any LCHF struggles to
lose weight easily .
As in this thread's titled heading .

Reactions: 4 people

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I have tried it but unfortunetly due to my fussy eating habits a lot of food that is cut out of the diet is the food I like and eat. I have a raging sweet tooth also which doesn't help and I also work 4pm to 8pm, so eating properly is difficult. I'm sure that I can't be the only diabetic who doesn't eat lchf. I've seen a dietician in November who suggested I might need to see a psychologist over my food issues but haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: 7 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have tried it but unfortunetly due to my fussy eating habits a lot of food that is cut out of the diet is the food I like and eat. I have a raging sweet tooth also which doesn't help and I also work 4pm to 8pm, so eating properly is difficult. I'm sure that I can't be the only diabetic who doesn't eat lchf. I've seen a dietician in November who suggested I might need to see a psychologist over my food issues but haven't heard anything yet.
Thanks for this post @Sarah69 it sounds a warm open and honest post too .
Understand your points you have raised here .

This is valuable info and shows there are genuine reasons for your choice to not follow
a LC/HF diet plan .
How do you feel in terms of confidence ?
With your daily eating routines and self management with your diabetes .

What support have you got or received that you feel has helped you .
If any ?

Thank you for being brave and sharing your story here .
It is appreciated . x

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I lost around 6 stone and almost everything else improved. Lipids, BG etc.etc...

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Status
Not open for further replies.