Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at bedtime
6.2 this morning :( and this was an average :(
6.3 an hour after breakfast of yogurt, raspberries and flaxseed, plus a mug of tea. Would have expected the rise to be a bit higher, so maybe the fasting was a dodgy reading. Or maybe this was the dodgy reading! It's all a game.

Reactions: 22 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.8 today restless night again ..unsure why I keep wake up I was such a heavy sleeper before I was diagnosed, do know I now have to go to the loo in the night so maybe that is why I wake up .....
I have the same problem unfortunately - rotten isn't it :bigtears::bigtears:

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.8 at this ungodly hour. Who suggested meeting friend at 9.30 again?
I was up early too (for me) don't know what woke me just after 8 but I then heard a message come through on my phone at 8:25 - good job I decided to check - my parcel would be delivered between 8:37 and 9:37... as it also told me who the driver was I thought I'd best get dressed quickly he's always within the first 10 minutes of that hour slot (even later in the day)
Hope you've had a nice time with your friend and found somewhere to eat a nice low carb lunch

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was up early too (for me) don't know what woke me just after 8 but I then heard a message come through on my phone at 8:25 - good job I decided to check - my parcel would be delivered between 8:37 and 9:37... as it also told me who the driver was I thought I'd best get dressed quickly he's always within the first 10 minutes of that hour slot (even later in the day)
Hope you've had a nice time with your friend and found somewhere to eat a nice low carb lunch

Just a quick meet up to collect some stuff for decorating our barn for Mr E's 50th soon. She's an events manager so she is given me a hand. I had a lovely chorizo and red pepper frittata with coleslaw from the deli. And even better tonight is quiz night so it's steak stack and salad.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Some pictures from Cote d'Ivoire - the bird is a hornbill (Zazu!) of some sort.

P1040061s.jpg

P1040089s.jpg

P1040092s.jpg

Reactions: 15 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
All bark no bite lol (you remember Zazu from the Lion King?).

Reactions: 3 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. I probably should have retested as I was expecting something higher. I decided just to enjoy the pretty number.

Reactions: 16 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All,

Hope you are all well and fitting fit. :D

I have seen the thread in fasting blood glucose, but was wondering what they are for only Type 2's.

Mine are between 4.5 and 6.0 depending on what I have eaten / drunk the night before.

Cheers
SImply_h
Hi I am Type 2 as well and My readings vary from 4.0 to 4.8 each morning before meals ,

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.