Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AndBreathe
You mentioned in an earlier post about a Home HBA1C testing kit.
Could you please tell me the brand name and was it purchase in the UK?

Many thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2 this morning went down to 6.0 after physio this afternoon. If today blood tests and gray comes back ok i should be able to go home on Wednesday (fingers crossed). Been naughty this evening though and had a small piece of Dads homemade fruit cake :)

Reactions: 12 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mandingo the same HbA1c testing kit that Miller Medical Supplies is also available from www.bhr.co.uk at £99 for 10 tests, or £180 for 20 tests. I have bought from Miller before, but I intend to try bhr next time. They are very good tests providing a result in 5 minutes, which certainly for me matched up very well with results from the doctor's tests.

Maxwell

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This game has been strange for me too bluetit! Fasting, post hand wash, was 6.2 so retested and got a 6....nothing any different yesterday, went to bed on 5.4...All as per! 2 hrs post breakfast was only 6.7 and have stayed around 5. 7 all day since, post dinner is presently 6.1 after 1 hour!
Shall we scream together?!!

The game today has gone silly with me. After my bad start fasting at 6.2 with previous tub and consequently high before lunch, I've been in the 4's and 5's all day since after lunch, even at 1 hour testing. Most strange, but I do like this new tub I just opened. :)

Reactions: 12 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4. Lunch was great yesterday...started with a prawn and mango cocktail. It was not large then Indian lamb cutlets with more salad. Stuck with steak and mushrooms for dinner. Decided to have an afd....that's alcohol free day.

Reactions: 14 people
S

Sable_Jan

@Mandingo the same HbA1c testing kit that Miller Medical Supplies is also available from www.bhr.co.uk at £99 for 10 tests, or £180 for 20 tests. I have bought from Miller before, but I intend to try bhr next time. They are very good tests providing a result in 5 minutes, which certainly for me matched up very well with results from the doctor's tests.

Maxwell
At that price I'll stick to my normal testing :eek:

Reactions: 7 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome, you seem to be doing great!

Thanks Jan , I am finally coming to terms with my health concerns and taking control of my life , gonna be a long road but I am standing firm on looking straight ahead , no turning back now lol

Reactions: 8 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4. Lunch was great yesterday...started with a prawn and mango cocktail. It was not large then Indian lamb cutlets with more salad. Stuck with steak and mushrooms for dinner. Decided to have an afd....that's alcohol free day.
I Had BBQ steak no sauce , toss salad and side order of pasta salad for dinner this evening , just checked my sugar levels and 7.7 (2 hours after) , , readings have been awesome all day :D

Reactions: 6 people

DorisM67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My goal is to lower sugar levels, lower cholestrol levels and maintain a healthier body weight , i wanna loose 40 - 45 pounds , I've done it before i can do it again :)

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, another yucky 4.8 for me this morning. I actually retested it this morning as I had thought last night I might be making some progress. Last night I was 4.7 before dinner (more acceptable as postprandial reading, for me), then 4.1 after. The postprandial reading was about right for “my usual” for this sort of meal; spiced chicken breast, with salad, dressing and a few croutons. Of course, the 4.1 could have been rogue, but I didn't retest that one.

But, this morning, back up to 4.8, so I’m hoping this is just a sign I’m not at my most relaxed, but that should be clearer within a few days, once I’m settled into the other end. I've done this trip and the reverse, a few times since diagnosis, and didn't miss a beat, in terms of readings, but hey ho,

So, today will be airline food. I said after last time I wouldn’t order a diabetic meal, but I have relented. Of course, it will be old styleeeee “Healthy Plate” based, but probably marginally better than the mainstream meal. As I’m travelling on my own, being served early doesn’t feel quite so bad, although I won’t be able to start eating until my neighbours are served, so here’s hoping the flight isn’t full!

Next time I check in my fasting level, I will looking out onto the deep blue, tropical waters. I can’t wait to feel the sand between my toes and the warm breeze in my hair, and I can’t wait to see my OH. I think he can’t wait to get his hands on a couple things I have in my bags!! Such is life. ;)

Have a good day playmates, and see you on the other side. :D

:cool: <<<<< Me, in my shades, just so you'll recognise me. ;)

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.