Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I don't know what's going wrong
I had 20g carbs in afternoon yesterday
I came home and tested before dinner at 5.6 which is high as I am normally in 4.8's to 5.0 max
Had chicken soup in dinner made at home not tinned just chicken, double cream butter and onions in it so I think there are hardly any carbs in this
Tested after two hours 6.6
Fasting I first got 7 then retested and its 6.5
On weekend I think in Sunday I tested fasting 6
Had a cup of tea and did a lot of diy at home then before going out for grocery I had a boiled egg but before having that I tested I was 5.8 which was about lunch time.
I came back home did hoovering cleaned house took a shower and tested still 5.7
I had an omlette and two hours later 6
Had dinner no carbs at all and after two hours came at 6.8
I don't know how the he'll my levels have gone so high
I don't think I have any sore throat or anything but I am absolutely creamed with stress at work again since new year but I am still concerned is it coz of that or do I already need more doses of met

Reactions: 8 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
I don't think I have any sore throat or anything but I am absolutely creamed with stress at work again since new year but I am still concerned is it coz of that or do I already need more doses of met

Stress can elevate blood sugar as it puts you in fight or flight mode. When I get in a bit of a muddle, I try to eat little and often and focus on veggie things like olives or crudite (sounds a bit boring I know). The thing is, even protein can raise levels as a certain percentage of it is converted to carbs (especially when low carbing). I would try to eat more veggies as they give you fibre too and slow down sugar release. Keep your fat intake up too.
Gentle exercise might be better at least for now, but it sounds like you're fairly active anyway.

Am sure they'll settle soon

Reactions: 9 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
4.9 this morning. Happy with that. It's a very strange thing that if I am 4.9, I keep steady and may even drop throughout the morning. If I am 5.0, I am always on the rise. Maybe it's psychological....

Reactions: 15 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I don't know what's going wrong
I had 20g carbs in afternoon yesterday
I came home and tested before dinner at 5.6 which is high as I am normally in 4.8's to 5.0 max
Had chicken soup in dinner made at home not tinned just chicken, double cream butter and onions in it so I think there are hardly any carbs in this
Tested after two hours 6.6
Fasting I first got 7 then retested and its 6.5
On weekend I think in Sunday I tested fasting 6
Had a cup of tea and did a lot of diy at home then before going out for grocery I had a boiled egg but before having that I tested I was 5.8 which was about lunch time.
I came back home did hoovering cleaned house took a shower and tested still 5.7
I had an omlette and two hours later 6
Had dinner no carbs at all and after two hours came at 6.8
I don't know how the he'll my levels have gone so high
Thats been my bug bear the last couple of mornings too! Not wavered on my usual foils, not exceeded my usual 30gm per day carbs, feel ok, doing my usual exercise daily.....have this morning wondered if it's the strips I'm using....really frustrates doesn't it?!!
I have too add I have a little stress going on with something taking up my thoughts- could be a factor I guess

Reactions: 13 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
5.5 for me this morning....

I was going to change my meter for one with cheaper strips.. but I think I stick to the one I have rather than join the 'Dodgy strip club' that some of you belong to :):p
@Kezzer4321 if by "dodgy strip" club you are referring to "SD codefree" the be assured that they are listed on the "Electronic drug tariff" as a prescribable strip by the NHS:), and for some T2s it is the alternative to the "No Strip Club":(

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe are you using the WiFi in the plane?

5.5 which is pretty good :) I had rice, pineapple and bananas yesterday :) I'm trying to gain weight.
Not yet, Adelle.

I was in my hotel room, and now in the airport departure loung. It looks like there may be a modes delay to my flight, as the information board suggests gate info being available at what was quoted as the latest boarding time. Not to worry; there's nothing I can do to influence that.

I don't usually bother to use the onboard wifi. I usually manage to find films to watch, to while away the hours. I'll be reconnected with the outside world soon enough. :)

Well done on your 5.5, after those carbs. Are you finding weight gain a struggle? I seem to sit at 49kg (+\- 1kg) almost whatever I eat or drink. What do you weight these days twinny?

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just done 3 tests, 6.2, 6.3, 6.6???!!!
Bedtime was 5.5, in my range. All my tubs are the same batch, I have three left. My room is the coldest in the house overnight so may just test with a new tub from out of the kitchen cupboard!
These randoms of course totally screw up my averages for 7, 14 and 30 days, which irritates me badly!!

Thanks for this insight, @kimbo1962 I've been high for a week now and have just realised that it co-incides with a cold snap. My room is the coldest too and I've been waking earlier than normal before the heating comes on. I shall cut myself some slack now!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Is your new tub from the new batch ending 44?

No, this is my last tub of the batch ending 26. The previous couple of tubs in this batch have been erratic, but this particular tub is doing a grand job. I start batch 44 next, but not liking what @Kimbo1962 has been saying about it. :(

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, consistent with yesterday's 4.8. Maybe I should stay in Africa and get up early every day.

Insane 4.2 preprandial last night, had salad, steak and just a few chips which took me to 6.1.

Heading back to Abidjan later today to fly out tonight.

Safe journey Rod.

Reactions: 11 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, this is my last tub of the batch ending 26. The previous couple of tubs in this batch have been erratic, but this particular tub is doing a grand job. I start batch 44 next, but not liking what @Kimbo1962 has been saying about it. :(
I didn't realise @kimbo1962 was already on......44. If she is also "reading high", that could account for most of my recent numbers. I started on those on Saturday or Sunday.

Deepest joy. If that's the case, you guys have the next 6 or 7 months of me being grumpy. :):)

If that's the case, you may wish to gird your loins.....

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Had a 8.9 for no reason 2 hours prior to dinner. Exercise and 30 minutes later, down to 6.5

Back on the metformin and see what that does :)

Morning all :)

Reactions: 14 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
From my lovely tub, last one from batch 26, then move to batch 44

5.1 bedtime
5.1 fasting.

Reactions: 22 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, a 5.0 for me this morning. On the basis I've had a day or so of raised readings, and I'm now on a new tub and lot of strips, I didn't retest.

Whilst you may be thinking, "not too shabby", in context for me, last I saw anything with a leading 5 was on 27th February 2014, 3 months post-diagnosis. I'm possibly a bit underlying stressed, with all that's going on, but I've done all this before since diagnosis, without a blip in my scorers, so I'll just have to keep an eye on things. I ate later than normally last night, and I may have had some extra cauliflower, because it had to go, but I doubt that would account for the rises I've seen.

Oh well. It's recorded, and I'll test as normal and see how it all looks by the weekend, by which time I should be settling in the sunshine.

Have a good day playmates. It looks quite nice out there this morning.
You're leaving at the right time looking at the weather for the UK at the end of this week... lucky you're not off to New York!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have the same problem unfortunately - rotten isn't it :bigtears::bigtears:
It's true - I slept all through the night on Friday, no cats, no hubby muttering, and got up later than normal - reading 4.4! Could not believe it...

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks appreciate the cheers , it's hard somedays but knowing i have a site where i can talk with others will help and support my goals .
hugs
Welcome - well done... :)

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.