Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Sounds lovely. I may give that a whirl when my tongue returns to normal. No decaff in Costa today so I bought a green tea to go. It was so hot I scalded my tongue with the first sip.
You've got me thinking now, I've been reading a bit more about natural thyroxine so I might broach the subject with my GP
I just assumed that you couldn't get it in the UK when they changed my mum's over... always bought my own on my travels in the ME... I will talk to my doc when I get home - he's young and interested, thank goodness...

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@Susikav, how high was your cholesterol susikav? That's great you have no calcification on your body :) my cholesterol is on the high-ish side as well, which I think is genetic most of us have high cholesterol.
I have no idea really, the doc just told me in my phone call that although he was thrilled that my Hb thing was 'normal to low' on the low-carbing, he was a little concerned that it had raised my cholesterol, just a bit , but we'd keep an eye on it as I was on a high-fat diet... He did say that most diabetics have high cholesterol and are on statins... my sister genetically has high cholesterol but I never have really... she doesn't have diabetes though.. :) I wasn't concerned later as I read a post on here that said, with LCHF, that your cholesterol might increase a bit at first before lowering again... :) We'll see... you, know, I never think to get my results from the surgery, even though I have all the ones I have done on my travels... how odd... I have called the surgery now and asked for a print-out.. my sister will collect it and scan it for me... I will let you know what my cholesterol is when I get it...

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: last slice of slab and coffeencream
L: hummus, 9 bar, 500 ml green smoothie
D: minted lamb mince and onion, 500ml green smoothie
S: 2 peanut butter cookies ea topped with a square of 70% choc

Interestingly, I have fallen seamlessly back into my old green smoothie habits. Basically eating protein sources and dropping cooked veg in favour of raw fruit and veg in the smoothies. Win win situ. Even more fruit n veg, raw, so more nutritious, and almost all the rest of the diet consisting of meat, nuts and seeds. Maybe 60% raw by volume. I think 80% raw would be optimum, but I'd have to find room for a salad in there too. Breakfast salad? :eek: No, I have some limits!

My cheese/cream intake has dropped too. I don't like saying that is a good thing (staunch LCer that I am), but a bit of a break is good for anything, isn't it?
I have been feeling over-cream-and-cheesed... :) Just a niggling feeling... I shall follow in your footsteps I think... if you hear a faint pitt-patt and heavy breathing you'll know it's me then... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the ideas. Having never tried baked camenbert before, I have now been immersed into a whole new world of delicious oozy cheese heaven! Am still salivating from my experience now, must stop thinking about gooey cheese :hungry:
I hear you Tweetypie... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Never tried avocado - doesn't look very appetising but looks can be deceptive :eek:
It is the most wonderful thing, an avocado, but it will seem strange at first probably... lovely with a vinaigrette or prawn cocktail... so many ways of eating it... I tend not to mash it, it changes the texture a lot...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday was mad - Sorting visas so flying to Riyadh, in Saudi Arabia for four whole days, where I cannot work with my husband, so I have stay in the hotel room... so difficult when you're low-carbing... don't like the food in the hotel much anyway, soooo, I cooked as much as I could to bring with me... :) Sausages (verboten), crustless quiches, new almond and flax loaf, boiled eggs and divine peanut butter cookies with chocolate inside... I put everything in tupperware and packed my biggest suitcase...

http://asweetlife.org/recipes/chocolate-stuffed-peanut-butter-cookies/ - lush... it's a brilliant site altogether... she makes a nice breakfast sausage...

I packed avocados, cream and some goat's cheeses, so can manage till I get home again... no decent restaurants nearby and driving in the city is a nightmare, so staying here and doing yoga as often as I can make myself... slowly going nuts, so expect me to ramble even more than usual on here... :) Use your delete buttons...

So, Italian sausage, boiled egg, almond bread and a peanut butter cookie, for breakfast... Nescafe (hak!) with cream and then green tea with bergamot...
Snack of mixed nuts and more Nescafe with cream...
Lunch will be quiche stuffed with all the veg I could find in the bottom of the fridge! Raspberries and cream - packed berries too - the bowl in the room is all apples, oranges, grapes and bananas... :)
Dinner will be grilled chicken, sent up to the room and more berries and cream I expect... sigh... bored already...
Hopefully my husband will not be too exhausted to go to the mall and shop for bed-linen in Debenhams... Saudi maybe a nightmare for women, but it's the best, cheapest shopping in the world... :) We even have Harvey Nicks here...

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
had mixed grill & side salad at the flaming grill last night, best mixed grill I've had, deserts were looked so tempting but resisted, got home & tested 5.1 well chuffed.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

had mixed grill & side salad at the flaming grill last night, best mixed grill I've had, deserts were looked so tempting but resisted, got home & tested 5.1 well chuffed.
Well done - see the borg was wrong - resistance ISN'T futile :playful:

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: half a slice of ham and four baby plum tomatoes
L: Out today, and had a baby quiche which I didn't eat as I found a piece of string in it :sick: and a cream cake which I left the cake and ate the cream and fruit
D: burgers for tea today with some melted cheese and maybe some mediterranean veg and probably cream, yoghurt, and berries.
Snack: glass of almond milk

S

Sable_Jan

B: half a slice of ham and four baby plum tomatoes
L: Out today, and had a baby quiche which I didn't eat as I found a piece of string in it :sick: and a cream cake which I left the cake and ate the cream and fruit
D: burgers for tea today with some melted cheese and maybe some mediterranean veg and probably cream, yoghurt, and berries.
Snack: glass of almond milk
That's awful :mad: didn't you take it back? I'd've made sure people heard too....

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria what size loaf tin do u use for slab? Thanks

I do my usual bodge. I have some silicon cake tins, one round, one square, both about 9 inches across (are those standard sizes?). And if I have any overflow, I bung it in a small silicon loaf tin because it fits on the oven shelf beside the others. ;)

I think the depth of the mix is most important - about 1.5 inches when raw. That means it cooks evenly (I use 180 degrees for 25 mins)

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Borg, the cyborgs - Dr Who I think but may have been Star Trek? Collective entity that said it was futile t resist becoming part of it....
Twas Star Trek The Next Generation. They assimilate other species into their 'hive' and are ruthless in their pursuit of technological perfection and dominance.

So I've heard... :grin:

Reactions: 6 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. All bran with ss milk, 1 boiled egg.
L. Home made cauli and squash soup, 1 boiled egg.

Got home from work soooooo hungry could have eaten half a loaf of bread!! But nooooo had a coffee with double cream and satisfied til dinnertime............quite chuffed :D.

D. Chilli con carne (no beans) with cauli rice.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

B. All bran with ss milk, 1 boiled egg.
L. Home made cauli and squash soup, 1 boiled egg.

Got home from work soooooo hungry could have eaten half a loaf of bread!! But nooooo had a coffee with double cream and satisfied til dinnertime............quite chuffed :D.

D. Chilli con carne (no beans) with cauli rice.
Has to have a FEW beans in it though mushrooms are nice addition instead

Status
Not open for further replies.