Your WORST TOP song ... yep, it's harder:)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
three times a lady by the commodores
hate it :mad:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I still have nightmares about
St Winifred's school choir singing There's No-one quite like Grandma. I think it was 1980.

And just when I got over cringing at that there followed The Ramblers, another kids choir with 'I'm Only a poor little sparrow'. That was on TV recently, in TOTP rerun. Gave me a real 'ear worm' for weeks, which I am happy to pass on to all of you.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZFaRYmzn8

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lionel was made a star by motown, I think it was a big mistake as he wasn't a motown superstar. He got pushed at the expense of other really great soul artists.
The rest of the commodores recorded some good stuff afterwards.
Three times is probably the most popular known but not the best of what they recorded.

Not a fan, for me not to like a motown artist is very rare!

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I had to pick one then it'd have to be a track by Brue Springsteen, but I can't bring myself to look at his discography to pick a single track.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Music to depress yourself by!

Sorry! RRB!

We are all different

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Okay nosher :oops:
My diversity in music doesn't stretch far, maybe being the youngest in the family I had to put up with all types of music being played, most I didn't care for. I'd rather have classical than rock, I'd rather have ska than heavy metal. I'm not into most Brit rock or the rubbish they term popular music now.
I like proper produced music and songs that are thought out, written and composed by including rythym and beat, bass, strings and brass!
In other words the Motown sound, northern soul, Philly sound,.
A bit of funk, a touch of jazzy soul done tastefully and some (a few) pop songs!

I like singers that don't need a synthesised mike to sing songs. Prefer singers that can sing without mikes and are comfortable accopella. Most of the great soul/motown singers had really great voices and nothing was ever released unless they knew it would be in the top 40! They had a team of experts that made sure they were turned out really good and they all put on an act on stage, choreographed different to every song. A real professional organisation and they cared about their music and the effect it had on politics.
The OH likes c & a and folky music, we both wear headphones!

The amount of my type of music on adverts lately is really amazing!

Can you really not tap your feet to the beat when a motown song comes on the radio?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My diversity in music doesn't stretch far, maybe being the youngest in the family I had to put up with all types of music being played, most I didn't care for. I'd rather have classical than rock, I'd rather have ska than heavy metal. I'm not into most Brit rock or the rubbish they term popular music now.
I like proper produced music and songs that are thought out, written and composed by including rythym and beat, bass, strings and brass!
A bit of funk, a touch of jazzy soul done tastefully and some (a few) pop songs!

I like singers that don't need a synthesised mike to sing songs. Prefer singers that can sing without mikes and are comfortable accopella. Most of the great soul/motown singers had really great voices and nothing was ever released unless they knew it would be in the top 40! They had a team of experts that made sure they were turned out really good and they all put on an act on stage, choreographed different to every song. A real professional organisation and they cared about their music and the effect it had on politics.

Can you really not tap your feet to the beat when a motown song comes on the radio?

I can't keep still full stop for most of them ( not the smoochy ones though) lol

C

chris lowe

Nosher, I agree most of C & W is, but It's actually Folk music :arghh:
I love folk - all sorts. I have an extensive collection of Morris tunes and I don't even dance :) I have noticed though that in folk songs it always happens in May (as in merry merry month of may) and the sweethearts are invariably call Nancy and William or Polly sometimes

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Agree with you about the stuff that comes out now. When did R & B (rhthym & blues) become the drum & bass stuff? A lot of todays so called stars use so much technology to make their voices sound good that you may as well listen to a computer programme