Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Thankyou. Still in a lot of pain. On morphine and not on much. Better days ahead I hope. In bed mostly just now. Love to you all xxx
I hope you feel more comfortable today honey... so sad that you are so laid low.... lighting a candle for you... x

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
9.4 this am after a 7 yesterday only thing I had different was some blueberries and ice cream after my tea
Ice-cream? Real ice-cream? That would send my numbers right up...

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.9 and an end to my run of sub 5.5s. But I was very tired and didn't get up until 10:30 so maybe it's my liver at work.

Belated dinner out with Mrs S for her birthday tonight.

On the strips thing, there must be so many Codefree users on this forum, maybe we should send them a joint message to give their quality control department a kick up the backside ... :woot:

Reactions: 12 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 and an end to my run of sub 5.5s. But I was very tired and didn't get up until 10:30 so maybe it's my liver at work.

Belated dinner out with Mrs S for her birthday tonight.

On the strips thing, there must be so many Codefree users on this forum, maybe we should send them a joint message to give their quality control department a kick up the backside ... :woot:

You might want to leave it a few days. The Chief Exec is on holiday, until Monday, if I recall correctly. I had a long chat with him just before he went about their payment portal and applications of discount codes.

Me? I get everywhere. ;):D:angelic:

Reactions: 13 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@daddys1

Although your experiment has no relevance to me as I'm not on meds, I have been following it with interest. I'm sorry it hasn't produced the results you hoped for. Have your other readings been much the same, too?

Hi Bluetit, to be honest I have been testing less, as my breakfasts are the same and lunchtime also, so don't have as many readings as I had before to compare.
But I have had a few days were the readings don't appear to match what I expect & before you ask, I am on (I have only just looked) my second pot 50 of 250 strips from the SD codefree batch ending 44.

So I may well do a little more testing, eg. normally before lunch I'm on the 4/5s yesterday after a little exercise was 6.2 this was not right for me. Then on my Thursday night pup, (liquid toast) beer usually moves up to mid 8s stayed round the 6s. I will do so more testing.
Neil

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bluetit, to be honest I have been testing less, as my breakfasts are the same and lunchtime also, so don't have as many readings as I had before to compare.
But I have had a few days were the readings don't appear to match what I expect & before you ask, I am on (I have only just looked) my second pot 50 of 250 strips from the SD codefree batch ending 44.

So I may well do a little more testing, eg. normally before lunch I'm on the 4/5s yesterday after a little exercise was 6.2 this was not right for me. Then on my Thursday night pup, (liquid toast) beer usually moves up to mid 8s stayed round the 6s. I will do so more testing.
Neil

@AndBreathe has started a thread about batch 44. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sd-codefree-strips-batch-ending-44.71299/

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never do the one hour test - seems a waste of strips.....may do a 3 hour if I'm worried I may still be "on the way up"
It's the 1hr that tells you how what you eat affects your blood glucose & is what is taken in by the body for energy etc within the 90 minute digestion time, after that the food should have been digested & any reading after is the glucose left in the blood & what is used to see you through till you next meal. surely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

It's the 1hr that tells you how what you eat affects your blood glucose & is what is taken in by the body for energy etc within the 90 minute digestion time, after that the food should have been digested & any reading after is the glucose left in the blood & what is used to see you through till you next meal. surely.
The two hour is what you need to be working to as it is by that time your body should have dropped back to "normal" levels. Non-diabetics can have quite high bs levels at one hour but the difference is that where they drop back to normal levels by 2 hours; were we to eat the same foods our bs would still be spiked. So we need to eat the foods that don't raise our bs by more than 2 from preprandial and certainly not above the 7.8 (depending if you are working to nondiabetic levels or the figures in the chart for diabetics) most of us seem to aim for nondiabetic levels though

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well day 3 of my study and already it is throwing up some interesting things. My fasting blood sugars were 6.1 on day 1, 5.2 day 2, and 5.8 today.
I have found a meal with no carbs sends a pre meal bs from 4.4 to 5.1(ham and cheese omellette with salad) I tried an evening meal of Turkey breast peas and half a baked potato which sent my bs from 5.3 pre meal to 6.0 post meal. That was with 2 metformin 500. The next day I had the same thing for lunch to see what my bs would be without the metformin. It went from 4.3 pre meal to 6.2 post meal! Just shows what metformin does for you. So that leads me to thinking if I'm going to have carbs is it better to wait until I have to take my metformin?

Reactions: 5 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning. I have been offline a lot this week because I had a huge work week, filled with lots of stress. My numbers were a bit all over the place, but that could be because I have kept forgetting to take my pills. I promise to do better this week. x

Reactions: 17 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A "more like it" 4.0 for me this morning. My jet lag is pretty much gone, I'm relaxed, but I do still have this viral thing lurking in the background. I can't recall the last time I had Ibuprofen, but I've been taking them to try to keep this at bay. It seems to be working.

I think I'll start a thread for the 44 strips, to try to guage a concensus. My 7 and 14 averages have gone up by a whopping 0.4 and 0.2 respectively, which is, in my view, a material shift for someone as flat-line as me.

Hey ho. There's always a challenge afoot.

Play nicely boys and girls.
Good morning from another beautiful day in Bahrain... The common thread of high readings is very obvious when you check in every day - infections, travel, disruption to daily routine, emotional upsets and, sometimes, eating the wrong food... Should we worry so much about our morning readings - if they're not too extreme, do you think? Mine is 5.8 this morning, which is standard for me if I run around seeing to the animals before I test... the later I eat in the evening, and, it would seem, the more red wine I imbibe, keeps the levels lower - maybe around 4.4.... As long as we establish a sort of 'pattern' of decent readings, and stay generally within that 'pattern', is that good enough? Is the wild fluctuation the problem, if, indeed, problem there is? LouLou has had a terrible time recently, and Allibee, who is still suffering, bless, and their readings became very odd for a while - how much damage does it do in that couple of weeks? I sound like 20 questions, but does anyone know the answers from watching the thread here closely over a couple of years? Sorry for rambling on.. :sorry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.