1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by simply_h, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susikav

Susikav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I hope you can relax this weekend then... don't do anything on Sunday... :)

• Like Like x 10
  2. Susikav

That is a very good idea S.... You should indeed give them a kick - I have seen loads of worried posts on here recently... it's not fair, it's your health at stake here... oh, Happy Day to Mrs. S... enjoy your dinner and spoil yourselves... :joyful:

• Like Like x 10
  3. Susikav

You are soooo cool..... :cool:

• Like Like x 8
  4. Susikav

I find I know nothing much! :) Every day is a learning curve...

• Like Like x 10
  5. Adelle0607

Adelle0607 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's a 4.7 this morning.

I'm going on a quick trip overseas for a week, a bit of skiing/r&r, and for some odd reason I'm not really keen on going, maybe it's the cold weather --shouldn't be complaining as it's a holiday! :).

• Like Like x 19
  6. Susikav

Some of the folks on this forum ditched carbs almost altogether and the Metformin with it... It could be worth asking their advice as they've already 'been there, done that' and succeeded... I am on no meds and low-carbing and hope to sustain my good BG levels that way for as long as possible... I learned from everyone on this forum to begin with and then researched low-carb recipes - there are some wonderful sites to use...I personally don't miss carbs at all... except maybe my own apple pie, but I now make it with almond pastry, which is lush... :) :hungry:

• Like Like x 8
  7. Susikav

Have a lovely time! You will be fine when you get there... I am still apprehensive every time I go away now, because of the low-carbing and wondering if there will be stuff for me to eat when I get there! I always find something though... :) It just makes a small wiggle of unease I think... Make some little fat balls and take them with you so you've always got something to top up with if you get low... You'll probably really enjoy yourself and the break from routine... Have fun... :joyful:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Susikav

Brilliant! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Mandingo

Mandingo Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.9 this morning.

• Like Like x 17
  10. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.3 this morning

Maxwell

• Like Like x 18
  11. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

4.9 on waking. Waiting for my eyes (blurry during the day but not constant) to keep up to the lower numbers.

Have a great day guys and girls :)

• Like Like x 15
  12. poshtotty

poshtotty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@brettsza I read your post last week but didn't have time to stop and reply. I've a lot of catching up to do here so I don't know your latest but I just want to say don't become disheartened by the weight loss or lack of it.

Despite following all the advice here and tweaking my fat/carb/protein ratios my weight loss is still very slow, stagnant even. I personally think there is too much focus on weight loss and LCHF if its not careful will just be considered as a solution to weight loss while its other benefits are ignored. Weight loss, as we all know can be temporary and the quicker it comes off the quicker it can go back on.

I had a revelation recently when I had my monthly body measurements taken and compared with the previous month. Despite Christmas and New Year falling halfway through, I had lost a total of 30cm fat, including 4 inches of fat from around my waist. My PT said in all her career she had never known anyone lose 4" from their waist over Christmas!

My understanding is that for diabetics it is the losing fat that it more important than losing weight. Weight is often only excess water anyway but we should be aiming to lose fat more than weight.

Do you take your body measurements? You might be as surprised as I was to discover that while the weight may not be shifting, other amazing things are going in which we don't see but which are far more beneficial to diabetics than numbers on a weighing scale.

Take heart!

• Like Like x 22
  13. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

10.4 this cold morning brrrrrrr

• Like Like x 11
  14. JohnD54

JohnD54 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.8 still a little lower that my normal 5's in the morning, have been using my accu meter for a couple of weeks since my surgery allows me 1 tub of strips every 2 months and thought I might as well use them.

Back to codefree shortly , not sure with what if been reading here recently I am to happy about that.

Will have to check the codes and then we shall see.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like Like x 18
  15. loulou99782

loulou99782 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.8 this cold morning had a rough night so thought my bs would be higher.

• Like Like x 18
  16. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 14
  17. loulou99782

loulou99782 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope the eyes settle down in the UK we get our eyes checked at lest once a year for diabetic rentnopathy. Do you have anything like this down under?

• Like Like x 5
  18. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.5 am fasting

• Like Like x 15
  19. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

We do loulou :)

I need to change the contacts I think :) Really odd as outside long distance, my vision is perfect. Just sitting in front of a PC screen all day is not doing me any favours. If exercise is any indication, I got PLENTY of that today with trimming shrubs

Take care and glad you're feeling better :)

Mike

• Like Like x 5
  20. Susikav

Such a lovely, sensible reply... take heart indeed B... :)

• Like Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook