Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
And remember everyone this is MAN flu lol
yes missus has confirmed...she went to bed early and i said what if i had been moaning and groaning with my flu...needy like....she said your still tough as old boots....

Reactions: 5 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Ok with my 5.3 fasting and flu I had to visit a client in Canary Wharf today...couldnt resist a buttered croissant on the way at Paddington and a cup of tea....as it was absolutely tatos at lunchtime I had a wonderful freshly made lentil and lemon soup with slice of brown bread in a very posh salad and soup lunchtime place...after lunch had a M&S cookie with white chocolate chip...just got home and before dinner my number is 4.4. INCREDIBLE!

Reactions: 9 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im going to Desmond course on 26th February.Hoping it will be good and educational and entertaining.It seems a long day from 9am to 4pm Im gunna be up at 6am that day and out the door at 7:08am.Hopefully it will be a good day :)
Well I hope your nurses make it as interesting as the ones on my course did. I understand my condition so much better now. They said all the things I moaned about on an earlier post, that they wanted to get to people early so they can educate them about diabetes so that they can adopt a healthy lifestyle and therefore avoid a lot of the complications associated with it.
Hopefully it will be worth the early start for you. I was lucky, my course was in walking distance.

Reactions: 3 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How can I work out the carbs in the soda bread I make? The recipe is:
170g/6oz wholewheat flour (I use spelt flour)
170g/6oz plain flour
Half teaspoon salt
Half spoonful of sodium bicarbonate
Half pint buttermilk
Mix together to form a dough, do not knead bung in oven at 200 fan assisted, for around30 minutes. Quick, easy and tasty, except I don't know if its high in carbs.

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.5 absolutely normal range for me, been getting some low (for me) pre dinner readings of mid 4's along with
some what I can only call tension head aches during the afternoon, this seems to be alleviated once I have dinner.

Oh it's Friday, POETS day have a good one all.
maybe due to low blood sugar?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ok with my 5.3 fasting and flu I had to visit a client in Canary Wharf today...couldnt resist a buttered croissant on the way at Paddington and a cup of tea....as it was absolutely tatos at lunchtime I had a wonderful freshly made lentil and lemon soup with slice of brown bread in a very posh salad and soup lunchtime place...after lunch had a M&S cookie with white chocolate chip...just got home and before dinner my number is 4.4. INCREDIBLE!
Now its my turn to be envious.....

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

How can I work out the carbs in the soda bread I make? The recipe is:
170g/6oz wholewheat flour (I use spelt flour)
170g/6oz plain flour
Half teaspoon salt
Half spoonful of sodium bicarbonate
Half pint buttermilk
Mix together to form a dough, do not knead bung in oven at 200 fan assisted, for around30 minutes. Quick, easy and tasty, except I don't know if its high in carbs.
Do your packets of flour show the carbs? So you can work it out from there? If you've no books showing carbs etc then maybe an internet search for the butter milk - found my book eventually today but its downstairs. Will try to look if buttermilk is in there tomo
I've found the best way to deal with homemade bread is to test its effect on your bs when eaten as you normally would. I can get away with a medium thick slice of my homemade bread but test each loaf as I add different things each time. I don't have a Max carb limit for the day though

Reactions: 2 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Do your packets of flour show the carbs? So you can work it out from there? If you've no books showing carbs etc then maybe an internet search for the butter milk - found my book eventually today but its downstairs. Will try to look if buttermilk is in there tomo
I've found the best way to deal with homemade bread is to test its effect on your bs when eaten as you normally would. I can get away with a medium thick slice of my homemade bread but test each loaf as I add different things each time. I don't have a Max carb limit for the day though
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1423270184.161281.jpg
this bad boy didn't spike me , made the same way

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
yes missus has confirmed...she went to bed early and i said what if i had been moaning and groaning with my flu...needy like....she said your still tough as old boots....
:D

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
A snickers bar..I'm gonna try one of those then...
Do you suppose it's the peanuts - meaning there's less room in the bar for stuff with sugar in? I might have to try chilling it in the fridge, then slicing it into thin slices so I only eat a few... I wonder if it would change the fairly high readings I get in the mornings? 5.5 today... :) wouldn't that be a lovely solution? :joyful:

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
View attachment 11610this bad boy didn't spike me , made the same way
It looks gorgeous - it all spikes me too much I think... though, having said that, I haven't tested since I first started testing and got the shock of my life with the results from home-made spelt bread and porridge too... :eek::( It might be worth a try and some of you - not naming names - have buttered white toast with jam, for breakfast... or spelt toast with poached eggs.. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.