Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Ok with my 5.3 fasting and flu I had to visit a client in Canary Wharf today...couldnt resist a buttered croissant on the way at Paddington and a cup of tea....as it was absolutely tatos at lunchtime I had a wonderful freshly made lentil and lemon soup with slice of brown bread in a very posh salad and soup lunchtime place...after lunch had a M&S cookie with white chocolate chip...just got home and before dinner my number is 4.4. INCREDIBLE!
How did you do that? :) It is cold, you were hurrying? You kept moving all day? Blimey, that's real control... fantastic... you aren't boasting now, are you? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Well I hope your nurses make it as interesting as the ones on my course did. I understand my condition so much better now. They said all the things I moaned about on an earlier post, that they wanted to get to people early so they can educate them about diabetes so that they can adopt a healthy lifestyle and therefore avoid a lot of the complications associated with it.
Hopefully it will be worth the early start for you. I was lucky, my course was in walking distance.
So nice to hear positives coming from the NHS system... And the walking can't have hurt, can it? I am coming back to the UK next week and I'm hoping long walks in the cold will keep my numbers down so I can have fish and chips... :hungry:

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How can I work out the carbs in the soda bread I make? The recipe is:
170g/6oz wholewheat flour (I use spelt flour)
170g/6oz plain flour
Half teaspoon salt
Half spoonful of sodium bicarbonate
Half pint buttermilk
Mix together to form a dough, do not knead bung in oven at 200 fan assisted, for around30 minutes. Quick, easy and tasty, except I don't know if its high in carbs.
It may well be better to test a slice rather than work out the horrendous amount of carbs in the loaf and divide it by slices... :) Testing is the best way to discover what you personal limits are - and the sky's the limit for some folk on here! :) Here's hoping you can eat some of your lovely bread without spiking... I am going to make it today for my husband - but I shall try a slice with boiled eggs... can't remember when I had soldiers last... thank you for the recipe... :cool:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It may well be better to test a slice rather than work out the horrendous amount of carbs in the loaf and divide it by slices... :) Testing is the best way to discover what you personal limits are - and the sky's the limit for some folk on here! :) Here's hoping you can eat some of your lovely bread without spiking... I am going to make it today for my husband - but I shall try a slice with boiled eggs... can't remember when I had soldiers last... thank you for the recipe... :cool:
Thanks for that, you're welcome. it comes out looking a bit rustic but its nice and soft in the middle, hope you enjoy it :)

Reactions: 5 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So nice to hear positives coming from the NHS system... And the walking can't have hurt, can it? I am coming back to the UK next week and I'm hoping long walks in the cold will keep my numbers down so I can have fish and chips... :hungry:
well you will certainly get your wish with the cold, its freezing!!!

Reactions: 7 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, It's Brass Monkeys outside, car all iced up, nonetheless feeling upbeat.
4.3 this morning, went a little overboard yesterday, with morning and bedtime sessions on the treadmill. :)

Reactions: 19 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
well you will certainly get your wish with the cold, its freezing!!!
Knowing my luck it will change to humid, muggy and warm for the time-of-year, when I get there... :p

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all, It's Brass Monkeys outside, car all iced up, nonetheless feeling upbeat.
4.3 this morning, went a little overboard yesterday, with morning and bedtime sessions on the treadmill. :)
It worked! :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I had the liver dump?
6.7 at 10.25 bedtime last night.
7.3 at 4.40 am. Had been awake for ages.
7.6 at 8.00 am.
New to testing so feeling very confused, as I thought it should go down over night.
I had dinner last night around 7 pm. Stry fry veg in butter, and didn't eat after.
Any advice please.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You could have .... no real way to tell. Unfortunately for all of us, you need to establish a pattern based on food, sleep, anxiety and a few other hundred factors. Keep a s/sheet going to track it by date / by meal

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
4.8 before being dragged by "Ringo"(her toy of choice is her ring!) & the "Shillelagh Kid" (a 3 foot, root end stick and a small skinny collie :rolleyes:) on a 1hr walk!

Reactions: 14 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 before being dragged by "Ringo"(her toy of choice is her ring!) & the "Shillelagh Kid" (a 3 foot, root end stick and a small skinny collie :rolleyes:) on a 1hr walk!
I will be taking our old dog on a nice stroll shortly. We cant hurry these days, but we still enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.