Stomach pain

Maxtrong

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What are your numbers, before you eat? My understanding is, once your blood sugar hits about 180, digestion slows down. If you're eating a large meal, it could sit on your stomach, until your sugars go down. Low carb, also has a tendency to cause some stomach issues, with the large amounts of meat.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What are your numbers, before you eat? My understanding is, once your blood sugar hits about 180, digestion slows down. If you're eating a large meal, it could sit on your stomach, until your sugars go down. Low carb, also has a tendency to cause some stomach issues, with the large amounts of meat.

Iwould actually say that heavier meals of carbs cause bloating and stomach pain.

However, I personally would be speaking to my GP about stomach pain after eating. If pain and bloating on specific days I would also be looking at the food ate on those days and eliminating the foods and seeing if things improved..

Maxtrong

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Iwould actually say that heavier meals of carbs cause bloating and stomach pain.

However, I personally would be speaking to my GP about stomach pain after eating. If pain and bloating on specific days I would also be looking at the food ate on those days and eliminating the foods and seeing if things improved..

Perhaps, for some. I don't get bloated, since getting off the meat.

Daddy Pig

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have stomach pain before,cramps ,so scarry, I did walk a lot after that, less carbo and fizzy, lots of water, your feeling well after a month

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks ill try to watch the amounts of meat i eat if i feel hungry i eat cold meats

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hi Kev. You haven't included much info in your profile so I'll have to guess. But if you are new to metformin (a common T2 medication) then that can definitely cause stomach problems.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Try a teaspoon a day initially of flaxseed sprinkled over some food. Up to a tablespoon a day after about a month.

This is **** good natural stuff to keep your stomach healthy. To me its the best.

You should however talk to your GP

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get stomach pain n bloated after eating and later at nite any idea what i can am on low carb

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Don't drink water while eating food or after for at least 30 min. Don't go to bed immediate after food. Take a gap at least for 2 hrs before go to bed.. Take precaution else you will have very serious problem.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Don't drink water while eating food or after for at least 30 min. Don't go to bed immediate after food. Take a gap at least for 2 hrs before go to bed.. Take precaution else you will have very serious problem.
What???