pregnancy symptoms negative tests..help??

cami

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi was just wondering if any one could give advice. Im type 1 showing signs of being pregnant, swollen boobs,getting a belly,headaches,hypos,weight gain and feeling sick. Ive taken numerous urine tests at home had a blood test from doctors all coming back negative. Feeling like doctors are fobbing me off with things being negative. Has anyone had these symptoms and know where to go from here?
thanks

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

Are you due on your period? Or late?
I was having all these signs before I fell pregnant! I was on the pill for a while and maybe coming off it didn't help.
How have your sugars been? Sometimes if there up they can make you feel sick?

Xxx

cami

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

My sugars have been fine.its been nearly amonth that i came off the pill so i am due another period but i was only on for 2 days last time and spotted for a day.
I came off the pill due to my belly looking bloated ive not gone back on it as i started to get all the pregnancy symptoms. im worried incase i am and no one is listening to me due to everything being negative..thinking of booking another appointment to see the doctor and push for a scan.

Xxx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I came off my pill and I had a period every 2 weeks, it was very messed up for About 6 weeks.
The pill can mess your body up for a little while, maybe it's a phantom pregnancy hun, the most reliable form of test is the blood test! I'd wait a week after your period is due and if there's nothing definitely go back to the doctors
Xx

Reactions: 2 people

cami

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the advice hun.think il do that just playing on my mind all time now as belly is getting bigger and getting stretch marks now

Xx

jade88

Hi cami,
It took 33 days for me to have my first period after coming off the pill it can take awhile for your body to readjust to its natural cycle.
In regards to the hypos I and some other type 1's I have spoken to found that once off the pill we needed less insulin (think there might be something in pill that makes body more resistant to insulin) I adjusted my ratios and the hypos stopped.
I know how your feeling as I felt the same the first month! I think you so badly want to be pregnant you start to see the symptoms everywhere! Good luck and let us know how you get on! xxx

cami

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi jade
Im not trying for a baby so im desperate to get pregnant..i came off the pill as i started showing symptoms of pregnancy my periods are regular never had an issue with them and my belly is getting bigger and boobs are sore and gone darker round the nipple area..also showing other signs but is tmi to put on here haha

Xx

Reactions: asyarlk

cami

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My boyfriend has also noticed the difference in my body so its not just me

Xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could just be mad hormones, Cami. Due to a problem, I had to take hormones last year and my body changed a lot. I had bloating, sore boobs, nausea, and most definitely felt different. I'd never realised how strong hormones could be befor I experienced that.

Perhaps your body is trying to get its hormones back in whack after coming off the pill? It could overcompensate and make some hormones too high while it's getting itself sorted, and that would give you these symptoms.

Leave it a little while then request another blood test just to be sure.