Memory loss

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just tried to test my BS with my electric shaver. Doesn't work.
Found I just subscribed twice to the same charity event.
So yes, lots of memory lapses.

Reactions: 16 people

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes im the same, its simple things like names.....an example yesterday i was at the bus stop, a relation of my partners family child had a party last week and we forgot to put 5 pounds in the birthday card.i walked over to the mother with the 5 pounds telling her that was missing from the card mmm forgot what i was talking about

Reactions: 2 people

david6026

I know it's crazy I'm forgetting everything these days it's cracking me up my bloods have been ok so not sure what's going on like the other day I put cheese away in the microwave and went to make cheese and toast later that day didn't have a clue where the cheese was lol it's funny at times but so frustrating as well ...

Reactions: 7 people

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
I'm going to enjoy watching this post as I think some funny stories are going to appear and yes my memory plays tricks on me, but I can't remember the last time I did anything daft !!

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I know it's crazy I'm forgetting everything these days it's cracking me up my bloods have been ok so not sure what's going on like the other day I put cheese away in the microwave and went to make cheese and toast later that day didn't have a clue where the cheese was lol it's funny at times but so frustrating as well ...
Hi David, like you I had and have memory problems, obviously it caused me a lot of concern so spoke to my GP about it and he arranged an apt at a memory clinic. A very nice lady came and did a home visit and after loads of tests came to the conclusion I had ME as the memory loss did not fit any other condition.

So well worth talking to your GP so your mind is put at rest.

Reactions: 4 people

Boldierob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carnt think of anything to dislike lol
I always forget birthdays :) saves me money tho lol

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Thanks I think it's worth talking this over with my doc next time I'm down to c him :)
Most definitely, it then stops you worrying and or thinking it's something age related (getting old) :p

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
You're a recycled teenager then;)

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is defo true with me too - the other day I booked in a massage (after I received a voucher for Christmas) but booked it for the totally wrong salon! Really don't know y I did that! Had to ring & cancel then book it at the correct place. :-(

Reactions: 5 people

Suercc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Phew!
Thought I was the only one.
Dunno if it's new low carb regime , started a few week ago
Or new meds
Or dementia!
Causing me problems at work :(