I'm still here

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I said on another thread recently that I was leaving the forum, but I've changed my mind and would like to stay if that's ok. I know some of you wanted me to stay, thank you!
I haven't changed my mind on anything I said, but I can't let a few peoples opinions prevent me from posting here after feeling so at home since I started posting in January, and receiving so much help from so many of you :cool:

I've also realised I've been really irritable and very unwell for a week or two (dizzieness, lethargy, breathlessness, headache and an 'empty' feeling even after eating) possibly diabetes related, possibly depression related, or more likely a combination of both which usually makes me just walk away from things to avoid more upset, can't really cope with uinpleasantness at all, and my doctors are always telling me I must avoid stress. Yeah right, life with chronic illnesses and conflicting dietry restrictions isn't at all stressful!

Anyway, I had asked @Giverny to cancel my account last week but it looks like I'm still here, so will ask her to keep me, if I'm too late so be it :oops:

Reactions: 15 people

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I said on another thread recently that I was leaving the forum, but I've changed my mind and would like to stay if that's ok. I know some of you wanted me to stay, thank you!
I haven't changed my mind on anything I said, but I can't let a few peoples opinions prevent me from posting here after feeling so at home since I started posting in January, and receiving so much help from so many of you :cool:

I've also realised I've been really irritable and very unwell for a week or two (dizzieness, lethargy, breathlessness, headache and an 'empty' feeling even after eating) possibly diabetes related, possibly depression related, or more likely a combination of both which usually makes me just walk away from things to avoid more upset, can't really cope with uinpleasantness at all, and my doctors are always telling me I must avoid stress. Yeah right, life with chronic illnesses and conflicting dietry restrictions isn't at all stressful!

Anyway, I had asked @Giverny to cancel my account last week but it looks like I'm still here, so will ask her to keep me, if I'm too late so be it :oops:
Welcome back.

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, good. Also I'm glad you changed your avatar. For a while I confess I thought it was a dead horse and I thought it wasn't really you.
(Just had a new appointment for a retinal scan in case you're wondering hem-hem.)
Welcome back.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good to see you staying :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Happy:)

Reactions: 5 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you :) It was also my 60th birthday and that's enough to send anyone off the edge, been dreading it!
My avatar change? It's my boy in his younger days before he went white/grey. the old one was him in his favourite position, he loves a roll around on the grass, the big daft numbnut! ;D

Deejay, I had my retinal screen today, it was just 4 photos - I though they did the puff of air into the eye as well or is that the ordinary eye test?

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Thank you :) It was also my 60th birthday and that's enough to send anyone off the edge, been dreading it!
My avatar change? It's my boy in his younger days before he went white/grey. the old one was him in his favourite position, he loves a roll around on the grass, the big daft numbnut! ;D

Deejay, I had my retinal screen today, it was just 4 photos - I though they did the puff of air into the eye as well or is that the ordinary eye test?
Hi Rown , no need to leave , it's great hsving you around ,just be you , and you don't hsve to explain anything to anyone ..like you just the way you are ....kat x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Aaww, that's lovely news rowan,:happy: sometimes we just feel like we are :banghead: but we break through it and what the heck, as long as you believe in yourself, that's what matters the most.
You changed your avatar, it's lovely :)
I hope you start feel better very soon, both in mind and body.

With my very best wishes,

RRB :)

Reactions: 4 people

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @rowan - hang in there! There are a lot of lovely and very helpful members on here.

You sound like you're dealing with a lot. Have you spoken to anyone or your GP about the depression? I ask because I have suffered very badly with depression, anxiety and stress and that alone can make a person quite ill. There is help out there for depression related illness. In the area I live in you can self refer to courses that are CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) based - they've helped me no end :)

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds

Happy Birthday Rowan
The puff of air is a pressure test part of an ordinary eye test. I had it done last week

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
birthday_flowers.gif

Lots of love RRB x

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
welcome back. you get your internet trolls and bullies on this site.
I just block them and carry on. When you come across people like that.... you just need to ignore them. Ignoring them works best because they arent getting the attention they crave and they soon move on.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @rowan - hang in there! There are a lot of lovely and very helpful members on here.

You sound like you're dealing with a lot. Have you spoken to anyone or your GP about the depression? I ask because I have suffered very badly with depression, anxiety and stress and that alone can make a person quite ill. There is help out there for depression related illness. In the area I live in you can self refer to courses that are CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) based - they've helped me no end :)

Thank you, I'm on anti-depressants and they increased the dose a couple of months ago, but this feels different to depression. I saw a therapist a year or so ago and they decided it was PTSD, then someone else decided it wasn't, someone else said it was, and then I gave up the therapy idea and moved home instead ;)