Pump consumables

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Can't wait to try out the Insight in June!! :) So exciting!! :) Please let me know how you get on with it. I like the look of the small pouches you can buy for the Insight which clips to the side (or middle) of your bra so it either hangs under your arm or off the middle part of your bra. Don't think I would want it on my arm. The fact it has a separate handset means it can be tucked right out of sight without having to go routing for it when you want to give a bolus which is the main attraction for me. :)

Ask your nurse in advance if they will give you a bra clip and belt clip.

The insight actually comes with a clip that attactches in to the actual pump so don't think about buying anything until you get it. There is sometimes a rep there for training so it canbe amazing what you can come away with.....

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Oh brilliant, thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It has arrived. I'm that excited I'm wearing the pump (not connected) to bed to see what it's like lol

Reactions: 4 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
It has arrived. I'm that excited I'm wearing the pump (not connected) to bed to see what it's like lol
Is it me but I bet you feel it's like xmas already

Reactions: 6 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
That's it christmas prezzies solved this year
Pumps for everyone

Reactions: 4 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Hehe, I bet it feels like Christmas!!! Please let us know how you get on with it! :)

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've been carrying around the pump the last couple of days and worn it at night and I've not even noticed it was there. In fact I keep having to touch it to make sure it is there. I've also worn a cannula for the last two days to see what they are like and like the pump could not tell it was there. Lol was showering yesterday having a good old scrub and forgot it was there and pulled it but it didn't hurt and has left no bruise thank god. I took it out tonight and all that's left is a tiny red mark which you can get with an injection. 12 days and counting till I start my training. It's going to be a long 12 days

iHs

Ask your nurse in advance if they will give you a bra clip and belt clip.

The insight actually comes with a clip that attactches in to the actual pump so don't think about buying anything until you get it. There is sometimes a rep there for training so it canbe amazing what you can come away with.....

The Insight is about 0.75ins shorter lengthwise than the Vibe, so will fit really easy inside a baby sock and put in the centre of a lycra crop top type bra like on the shopping channels. No need for clips or anything else.

Vick22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people, liars, bad time keeping and mushrooms
Hello, I've been on the Insight for 2 months now, and I love the little guy! I wear the cannula in my tummy, I wanted to use other areas but my bottom doesn't seem to like it! I always end up with very high readings or I end up dislodging it.

During the night I clip the pump to my knickers/pjs in the centre of my waist band and tuck in the tubing. Never had any problems and I shuffle a whole lot in my sleep!

I always wear my pump on the waist band of my leggings or in the pocket of jeans etc but the best thing I've bought is called a body band by a company called Hid In. In my opinion it was worth every penny (£25+£3 p+p) I sometimes sleep in it but I got it primarily for strapping to my thigh under dresses to carry my pump. It's incredibly comfortable and I don't even feel like im wearing it. It also has an expandable strap so I can wear it around my tummy, under the band of my bra or over my shoulder kind of like a sash if I'm wearing a one shouldered dress.

Feel free to message me if anyone has any questions!

Reactions: 2 people

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I ordered some cannulas and bits from accu chek last week and have had an email to say they are having problems with supply and they will not be able to send all my order. Has anyone ever had a problem with getting supplies for their pump

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi I ordered some cannulas and bits from accu chek last week and have had an email to say they are having problems with supply and they will not be able to send all my order. Has anyone ever had a problem with getting supplies for their pump
Are you insight pump?

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I am I get turned on (as I keep calling it) Thursday so thought I would get the bits ready